FishFinder17's Content

There have been 5 items by FishFinder17 (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#337876 "New" to ice fishing

Posted by FishFinder17 on 08 December 2016 - 05:15 PM in Ice Fishing

I am from Mississauga as well! I have all the goodies and toys from augers (power and hand) to tents (looking for a new flip this year, have a Clam XL4000T - I love it!)!

I am always open to meeting new people on the ice! I was also looking at trying my luck at fishing a harbor for steel through the ice this year! Send me a PM and perhaps we can setup a few ice fishing memories!

Can you give me more details about the Clam XL4000T? I'm thinking of picking one up before ice hits - will it fit 4 guys comfortably?

Thanks in advance - bring on the ice!

#332459 WFN Channel

Posted by FishFinder17 on 16 April 2016 - 10:43 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I subscribe to it and to be honest I haven't been that impressed. I enjoy Muskie Hunter and the show that italo labignan hosts (I think it's Canadian Sportfishing...) but other than that its a lot of ocean fishing/florida fisherman. Most shows are loaded with ads/demos for various brands. I started watching uncut angling 39 hours on youtube and it's been better than anything on WFN...

just my thoughts..

#332172 Perch Derby

Posted by FishFinder17 on 08 April 2016 - 09:53 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I'll be taking the boat down to the port dover perch derby...hopefully catch myself a thousand dollar fish! :) will be my first time and I'm looking forward to it. 

#331931 Lake Simcoe Unsafe Ice

Posted by FishFinder17 on 02 April 2016 - 09:17 AM in General Fishing Discussion

If you can get through the ice without an auger, you shouldn't be on the ice...that vid scared me man

#330695 2015 Fishing Season - Pike, Bass and a trip to B.C.

Posted by FishFinder17 on 21 February 2016 - 12:49 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hi OFF,

It's been a while since my last post, hope everyone is doing well.

Thought I would share some pics from my 2015 fishing season. It was a pretty good year for Pike and Bass but was shutout on my few Musky attempts. Here's a few shots of some of my bigger pike:

IMG_2852_zps3vpsbk7b.png

IMG_3042_zps2ule3c3s.jpg

IMG_2848_zps6ndoobvr.png

IMG_3125_zps5dt7yfpb.jpg

This was my last one of 2015. Caught it at the beginning of October and one of the heaviest at 10.1lbs. My brother-in-law makes lures and this one was caught using one of his spinners (I've had amazing success with them).

IMG_3451_zpsv4boqtnd.jpg

Here are a few bass too

IMG_2668_zpsoonevdg8.png

IMG_2720_zpsxtatlg2m.jpg

IMG_2994_zpshf377dkj.jpg

I was lucky enough to take a trip out to Sonora Island in B.C. (Queen Charlotte islands near Vancouver Island) last August where I landed a few Coho and this beauty Chinook weighing 15lbs. It was a great trip and our guide was outstanding!

IMG_3200_zpsp3u25ykk.jpg

Overall it was an outstanding summer that has me itching to get back on the water. I've had some success with a few small pike on the ice this winter but can't wait to be back in the boat. I picked up a GoPro at Christmas so should have some great footage to share this summer. 

Cheers,

FF17