flowerjohn's Content

There have been 102 items by flowerjohn (Search limited from 20-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#326811 Port Hope Says Enough is Enough

Posted by flowerjohn on 17 September 2015 - 08:42 AM in General Fishing Discussion

That's really sad.

#326796 Snagger rehab.

Posted by flowerjohn on 16 September 2015 - 07:34 PM in Salmonid Insanity

10 years of trips and you havent yet figured out the most important thing - you are targetting the wrong species!

Bingo!

#326726 Pike Strikes Underwater Video

Posted by flowerjohn on 11 September 2015 - 07:42 PM in General Fishing Discussion

That is funny. Every other forum i have seen it on has kicked the post off as advertising. It is a great vid though. Love how the pike come out of nowhere and hammer it..

#326553 Collegiate bass fishing tournament

Posted by flowerjohn on 02 September 2015 - 06:41 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Good work buddy. Hopefully the exposure here will turn people onto more collegiate events in canada. Cheers.

#326442 Atlantic Salmon

Posted by flowerjohn on 30 August 2015 - 09:02 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Wow. That looks like a really nice trip!!

#326439 Greeting from Peru

Posted by flowerjohn on 30 August 2015 - 08:36 AM in Welcome!

Bienvenida

#326271 Thief

Posted by flowerjohn on 24 August 2015 - 08:46 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Feel for you wooly. Had my kid's stroller stolen off the front yard ten years back. It still pisses me off to this day. On the subject of some land owners on the grand I can honestly say from my experiences that they can be some of the biggest aholes I have ever met and I live in the big sh..ty. I won't fish down that way again. It's a shame. All of it. Cheers man.

#326234 Came across this amazing shirt, thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

Posted by flowerjohn on 22 August 2015 - 01:07 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I've seen it in a few other forums the last couple of days.

#326122 Great Success!

Posted by flowerjohn on 17 August 2015 - 06:37 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Nice fishes dude. Congrats!!

#326119 sharing fishing spots?

Posted by flowerjohn on 17 August 2015 - 04:25 PM in Welcome!

Hi ihtus . There is a phone app called fishbrain where I have seen many people input the location of their catches. The site is essentially a database but you can choose whether or not to give the location of your catch. My buddies and I use it quite a bit and it can give an analysis of activity in an area by time of day, season and type of bait used etc. cheers.

#326066 The Mill Pond, Dorchester Ontario

Posted by flowerjohn on 15 August 2015 - 10:34 AM in Ontario Fishing Reports

Hi John. Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here as well. I look forward to your reports since I used to fish quite a bit as a college boy in London. I'm sure you and I have fished many of the same places just thirty years apart and your post has brought back some great memories. Cheers and I look forward to your posts. John.

#325988 New Bass Pro opened closeby

Posted by flowerjohn on 11 August 2015 - 08:52 PM in General Fishing Discussion

That flask might make a heck of a topwater. Your wife is a keeper for buying you that. Big mepps are really nice. Try a plastic on the treble. Makes the lure look longer. Muskie need big lures. I troll for muskie because i am old and cant cast big baits. I use hose baits. Local guy from keswick they work really good. Or dadson blades. He is another local guy. Good luck. Cheers.

#325983 Pieroway Sage combo.

Posted by flowerjohn on 11 August 2015 - 07:31 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

Yeah that doesn't look good.

#325939 new guy here

Posted by flowerjohn on 08 August 2015 - 04:08 PM in Welcome!

Hi creep. Welcome. You arent far from the niagara river. Check it out. It is an extremely productive fishery even from shore. I get down your way a but and i always see cars around the tribs near the fifty creek distillery on the qew. Just a few spots i know about. Good luck.

#325900 A friendly reminder about Common Carp

Posted by flowerjohn on 03 August 2015 - 08:37 PM in General Fishing Discussion

There are three things that you should not glean from the Brits. Cooking fishing and dentistry. Quite!

#325844 It's been a while...

Posted by flowerjohn on 30 July 2015 - 08:26 PM in General Fishing Discussion

That is beyond amazing. You are one lucky man Muskie !!!

#325767 Temagami lake trout

Posted by flowerjohn on 28 July 2015 - 05:39 PM in Ontario Fishing Reports

Fishing on a small lake in temagami for lake trout. Not having much action but strangely enough have seen a few large lake trout surface on the top of the water right beside my boat while fishing in the evening. Wondering if anyone else can tell me how deep they are currently going for trout as it seems really strange to be seeing them at the surface at this time of the year?

I'm three hours south of temagami and lakers are at about fifty something feet as of last Sunday and I expect them to be a bit deeper this weekend with the heat we are getting.

#325724 Aggrivating Fishing Expereince

Posted by flowerjohn on 26 July 2015 - 11:57 PM in General Fishing Discussion

The mnrf is going to do nothing. The only way they work is if they come upon you. That's why I'm vocal about the rules sometimes

#325717 Aggrivating Fishing Expereince

Posted by flowerjohn on 26 July 2015 - 07:53 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I agree with you ff. it just riles you sometimes because people play stupid and you knowthat they know darn well what they are doing. I agree and i am not recommending what i did. As for reasonable enjoyment of fishing it kind of ruins your enjoyment when they are throwing nets for gamefish cheers.

#325714 Aggrivating Fishing Expereince

Posted by flowerjohn on 26 July 2015 - 05:24 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Spent all yesterday afternoon/evening in a local trib in oakville. Was walking downstream when we came across 2 lawn chairs and what looked like people hiding in the bushes.

As we got closer they returned to their chairs, turns out it was an older asian couple. We asked them if they had caught anything, and she shows us with her hand maybe 4". She then pointed out the fish net they had tied to a fallen down tree with probably ~15 baby smallmouth bass no more than 3-5". The size we were catching all day: http://prntscr.com/7x7j4y
By then, the guy came over with another one and put it in the trap. I said to him, you know those are illegal to keep right? They are too small. You should put those back.

He said "oooh really"? and both walked away continued fishing. I poop you not, they each had a stick about 2' long and had a few feet of fishing line tied to it with a bobber and worm. Not even a fishing pole.

And we wonder why we didn't see/catch a single bass over 1/2 a pound... Its aggravating really. I wish the MNR had some sort of volunteer program, because straight up there is nowhere near enough enforcement from them in the fishing side of things.

All in all, it was an okay day, ultra light gear catching those little guys left right and center was fun.

I am also curious, do you think those bass were from the spawn this spring? How fast do bass grow?

What do you guys think?

Isn't it sickening? I've had a few hassles like that on simcoe. I grabbed a guys net last fall and threw the fish back. It seems that a few bass and a bag of rice will suit some people fine for a month of food. When I encounter people like that I go into superhero mode. I am the law. I know it's wrong but there is no one else going to enforce it. No co's around ever and the police have no power. I am the thin blue fishing line. Cheers.

#325713 Fishing Stereotypes Video - LOL!

Posted by flowerjohn on 26 July 2015 - 05:08 PM in General Fishing Discussion

That is some funny s,,t. We have all encountered all of those characters. Lol!!

#325704 CAN WE HAVE A GREAT SALMON HUNT TOPIC?

Posted by flowerjohn on 25 July 2015 - 10:41 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I will be out of Scarborough Friday. The water is a bit behind temp wise It's always good fun. Beats workin.

#325683 Evil Snapping Turtle. Dead Snapping Turtle. Plus more wildlife.

Posted by flowerjohn on 24 July 2015 - 09:53 AM in General Fishing Discussion

I would have watched that snapper get the goose. That's nature and survival of the fittest. Same as I eat fish and a tiger would eat me

I would have filmed it.

#325680 Amazing fishing in Minden!

Posted by flowerjohn on 24 July 2015 - 09:00 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Thanks for sending that along Chrome. Real nice pics of some beauties. I'm heading up now and that report got me all pumped. Cheers

#325665 Evil Snapping Turtle. Dead Snapping Turtle. Plus more wildlife.

Posted by flowerjohn on 23 July 2015 - 04:19 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Not at all dude. Just didn't see your way of seeing it. It's all good man.