fisherman2280's Content

There have been 18 items by fisherman2280 (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#345226 Young anglers

Posted by fisherman2280 on 11 August 2020 - 03:24 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Some Ontario and Canadian residents qualify to use other documents instead of purchasing and carrying an Outdoors Card and Recreational Fishing Licence. Catch and possession limits for a Sport Fishing Licence apply in these situations.

A person listed below may engage in fishing provided that they carry a licence, permit, certificate or identification card issued by a federal, provincial or territorial government of Canada that indicates their name and date of birth, and meet the following criteria:

1. Individuals who are under 18 or 65 years of age or older.

Not sure how many kids have ID especially the young ones.

I was under the impression that a kid was added to your own limit based on the license you purchased.

The way the government words things you need to be a lawyer or read it 30 times.

https://files.ontari...-english-v2.pdf

#345169 Fishing G Ross Lord or Marita Payne Pond

Posted by fisherman2280 on 03 June 2020 - 12:32 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

G Ross Lord has very poor water quality and not somewhere I would recommend, it looks nice but it's not a great fishing spot.

#345151 Fishing with baitcaster

Posted by fisherman2280 on 15 May 2020 - 02:12 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

Get your boaters license so if you ever want to rent a boat you can.

Bait casters are a little harder to learn to use over spinning reals, you'll need to learn to break with your thumb and experience a 1000 bird nests but you'll get there. 

#345144 fishing net size

Posted by fisherman2280 on 10 May 2020 - 11:49 AM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

Size is based on the fish your going to be catching but more important is the material it's made of. Rubber nets are easier to use I think because the hooks don't get stuck on that cord like material other nets are made of. And a telescopic handle is nice but remember to not lift  heavy fish horizontal or else the net will get bent.

#345111 Ganaraska River Steelhead Report - Example of an OFF Report

Posted by fisherman2280 on 09 April 2020 - 03:55 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Can we fish during a lock down kind of says it all right there doesn't it? No Stay home don't be another idiot who only makes things worse.

Even the Police say it's not allowed and yet you still look for some loop hole?

What is wrong with you?

#345105 Add Kicker Motor to Lowe 165 Fishing Machine

Posted by fisherman2280 on 27 March 2020 - 12:41 PM in General Fishing Discussion

4.5 might be a little small we use a 9.9 as back up. I had a Merc 7.5 and she's reliable but sucks a lot more gas than the 9.9.

Always a good idea to have a back up on big water even if it takes forever to get back in.

#345101 good fishing from a canoe with trolling motor?

Posted by fisherman2280 on 23 March 2020 - 03:54 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Just remember to bring a piece of wood to go between the trolling motor clamps and the canoe or else you could end up damaging your ride.

#345099 New member rookie carp fish person looking for partner

Posted by fisherman2280 on 22 March 2020 - 10:17 AM in Welcome!

Look up the hair rig for Carp fishing, it makes a difference.

#345090 JW YOUNG &SON'S 1530 SERIES FLY REEL

Posted by fisherman2280 on 11 March 2020 - 05:49 PM in Welcome!

I understand that with Musky being hard to man handle them and get a decent pic and release in good condition.

My pic of my 42" monster is blurry because it was raining but ow well.

https://www.groupepronature.ca/ when I was travelling by I stopped here and they has some monster size flies you might be interested in.

#345086 JW YOUNG &SON'S 1530 SERIES FLY REEL

Posted by fisherman2280 on 10 March 2020 - 10:51 AM in Welcome!

Welcome,

It's been a few years since I busted out the fly fishing gear but I'd be interested to hear more about fly fishing for musky that sounds fun.

#345073 Advice on a Fishing Lodge

Posted by fisherman2280 on 26 February 2020 - 11:54 AM in General Fishing Discussion

https://www.birchlakeresort.ca/ cheap and decent. The main lake is ok but when I went I only spent evening on the lake and went exploring around during the day.

http://www.bryerlodge.com/index.html expensive and not a place I would recommend again.

http://www.rainbowcamp.com/ Good not to expensive and ok fishing.

It really depends on where your planning to go because there are so many areas which offer very different experiences and the cost can get 

#345053 Lake Eugenia

Posted by fisherman2280 on 14 January 2020 - 10:35 AM in Ice Fishing

Never heard of anyone catching pike in there ever.

#345050 Lake Eugenia

Posted by fisherman2280 on 10 January 2020 - 03:01 PM in Ice Fishing

I remember Lake Eugenia but it died a long time ago and it's not even worth my time these days. I remember as a kid I could spend all day fighting massive monster large mouth. Then they did a fishing show and the lake got rapped and died and you would see fools with stringers full of 4lb+ and people don't think how long a small lake can sustain that. 

The MNR was actually doing an investigation about the massive die off but it's not hard to figure it out when you see 100's of boats fishing a lake that small.

Trout are stocked in Eugenia and Bass are only C&R now. 

How about bells instead?

#345049 Hello from southern ontario

Posted by fisherman2280 on 09 January 2020 - 02:42 PM in Welcome!

Flesherton is so close to where i grew up dam. 

#345031 Black Friday 2019

Posted by fisherman2280 on 02 December 2019 - 04:26 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Sail had a kick ass sale. Got some rods for 40% off straight up. Xmas shopping almost done now.

#345025 Unedited Chrome!

Posted by fisherman2280 on 29 November 2019 - 03:32 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Your making me get that fishing itch again.

#345011 First trip in Algonquin, any good beginner routes?

Posted by fisherman2280 on 20 November 2019 - 01:03 PM in General Fishing Discussion

It's not to hard to get into some decent fishing in Algonquin when you do a few portages and get away from the crowds, it's basically either Trout or SM bass.

Do your research about techniques and lures but most important is understanding where the fish will be at the time of year your going in that's half the battle right there.

Try to find out the depths of lakes your thinking about which will help you determine if it 's suitable for the fish your targeting and what area's to try first.

Spring/summer/fall require changes to your presentation to be successful and don't be afraid to go big because there are some true monsters roaming those waters.

#344861 Can anyone recommend a 10lb and 30lb fishing line?

Posted by fisherman2280 on 14 August 2019 - 02:56 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

You don't need to fish with cable you will catch way more with 8lb Berkeley clear mono and your set. Don't go green or florescent just plain old clear.

You need a decent rod and reel and set the drag right but putting on Braid that's four times stronger than the fish your going for is just rookie and you know the rest of us are laughing and thinking do you have that shiny Shimano jacket also?

I do change my line a lot but I just think it goes with getting ready to head out on a trip and mono does not last long so change it often. 

I've fought salmon musky you name it on 8lb mono. It's called drag boys.

Last trip one person used 12lb the other used 8lb and the score was  1:12 so go figure, same lures same everything except the line size.