boddah's Content

There have been 5 items by boddah (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#335532 Small Lakes Around the GTA Escape to Nature

Posted by boddah on 23 August 2016 - 07:49 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

Where does it say no fishing at Seneca?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#335335 Contacting OFF Admin.

Posted by boddah on 17 August 2016 - 05:47 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Wow. I got a guy on another forum like this... But not as bad. What's wrong with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#331246 New here

Posted by boddah on 10 March 2016 - 01:30 PM in Welcome!

Hi guys I thought I was a member here from years ago but couldnt sign in haha. Maybe it was another forum. Anyway I'm here and ready for the open water season!!!

#331245 Stuck in old fishing habits

Posted by boddah on 10 March 2016 - 01:28 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Looking for some options on new rod and lines. For years I just bought medium rod reel combos till the reels wore out. Now I'm getting better equipment and have gotten shorter rods and medium heavy action. I mainly fish bass and pike and find the rods better for boat fishing retrieving crank baits and some trolling. I've also tried my bait caster for a couple years now and can't get the hang of it for casting. I mainly use it for pitching senkos. I also spend money on new lures only to use my trusty regulars haha. I'm looking to get a new rod and reel this season and some new line.
1- should I get a lighter action rod for the kind of fishing I do or stick with a heavier action?
2- I use braid on the bait caster now. Should I get something else to help me get better casts?
3- is anyone using fluorocarbon spooled on reels or just mainly for leaders?

#331244 Shimano Bait Runner

Posted by boddah on 10 March 2016 - 01:03 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Those reels ain't great for casting all day. Cast once.. Sit and wait. Personally I don't spend money on carp fishing. I use a 10' salmon rod and big cheap reel I got at Walmart. Bait runner is great but I just open the drag all the way and let the carp scream some line then set the hook.