T-Ack's Content

There have been 19 items by T-Ack (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#344954 Guess the weight

Posted by T-Ack on 08 October 2019 - 10:08 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Clearly we were joking.

#344934 Guess the weight

Posted by T-Ack on 22 September 2019 - 12:06 AM in General Fishing Discussion

5 or 9 lbs by the looks of it

#344919 Atlantic Salmon program

Posted by T-Ack on 13 September 2019 - 08:51 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Cares

#344888 Can anyone recommend a 10lb and 30lb fishing line?

Posted by T-Ack on 22 August 2019 - 10:28 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Happy fishing

#344886 Can anyone recommend a 10lb and 30lb fishing line?

Posted by T-Ack on 21 August 2019 - 09:41 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

I don’t think that’s what Bonzo said. Not anywhere did I see him say recommendations for river fishing.

Yes, 30lb braid for fishing the big largemouth in the weeds :)

#344883 Can anyone recommend a 10lb and 30lb fishing line?

Posted by T-Ack on 21 August 2019 - 08:26 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

So if he’s throwing a frog in the weeds you’d tell him to use an 11-15 foot rod with 6 lb test ? Or if he wants to use a drop shot, 11-15 foot rod ,spinner bait 11-15 foot rod?

Bonzo78, what are you going to mainly fish for ? If your river fishing or pier casting, ok an 11 foot rod may be an option but most rods are around anywhere from 6-8 feet for most applications. Without knowing what type of fishing you’ll be doing is hard to point you in the exact direction.

I’d mostly agree with what NADO said above. Use braid and tie on any lb leader you wish.

#344872 Can anyone recommend a 10lb and 30lb fishing line?

Posted by T-Ack on 18 August 2019 - 08:02 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

hah

#344863 Can anyone recommend a 10lb and 30lb fishing line?

Posted by T-Ack on 15 August 2019 - 12:01 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Maybe for pier casting the line isn't so much important because your fishing a moving bait. But Bonzo didn't actually say what he was fishing for and what he was using it for. Maybe he's finesse fishing for bass? In that case, take your mono line and burn it because braided line with a fluoro leader will straight up out perform mono every time. 

Some of you will learn one day. 

#344856 Can anyone recommend a 10lb and 30lb fishing line?

Posted by T-Ack on 13 August 2019 - 03:33 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

As requested;

Spinning- 2 options- 10 lb Power Pro Braided line or 10lb berkley Trilene XL monofilament (Red box) 

Baitcasting rod- Power Pro 30lb braided line

I'd say 95% of my rods are spooled with Power Pro braided line. Casts a mile, very strong while yet very thin diameter. In fact the only one of my rods I have spooled with anything different is my open water top water rod I use for smallmouth bass fishing. This rod is spooled with 8lb Trilene XL monofilament because it floats and also has some stretch. In addition to my other rods spooled with braid, I usually have fluorocarbon leaders tied onto the braided line. As Ibstacle mentioned above, you can use the Uni to Uni knot to tie different lines to each other. 

In my opinion, I would spool both rods with Power Pro braided line. If need be you can always tie different leaders on depending what you are fishing for. i.e different lb tests for different species and applications.

What are your main species you are planning to target? 

Tyler

#344758 Need help with lure shopping list for St. Lawrence

Posted by T-Ack on 28 June 2019 - 09:50 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Dropshot rigs. get a few different weights because of the depth and current you will be fishing in. 

#344708 Port perry sunfish for daughter

Posted by T-Ack on 23 May 2019 - 03:14 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

They'll  be biting for sure.

let us know how you made out.

#344593 Hi-Seas vs Yo-Zuri Fluorocarbon

Posted by T-Ack on 20 March 2019 - 10:33 AM in General Fishing Discussion

51r8cTyUEmL._SX425_.jpg Use this. 30lb. never failed me. 100lb test is overkill!

#344578 Bass fishing trip, where should we try?

Posted by T-Ack on 08 March 2019 - 12:32 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Not in any particular order;

Bay of Quinte

St. Lawrence River

Lake Simcoe

Lake Nipissing

Georgian Bay 

Lake Erie is the best bass fishery around but planning a trip on a big body of water like that is almost impossible because of the weather/wind conditions. Again, Kingston area of Lake Ontario is a bass fishing factory but the wind factor makes planning a trip hard. 

Picking a Kawartha lake is always an option as you mentioned, lots of bodies of water to choose from.

Good luck!

#344538 Help planning fishing trip for me and my 10 year old

Posted by T-Ack on 29 January 2019 - 12:38 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Yep, July and August would be great.

#344536 Help planning fishing trip for me and my 10 year old

Posted by T-Ack on 28 January 2019 - 02:37 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I'd look into seeing if you can rent a boat in the area that you are looking. If you are looking at booking a cottage at a resort, usually you can rent boats there.  I own a boat so I have never had to look to rent one. 

I have fished the river from Morrisburg/Waddington area all the way down to Kingston. The river is an absolute fish factory especially if you are interested in catching bass. Having a boat to use would be ideal but fishing from shore can still be productive. I'd look around at different parks or resorts but I think you are looking in the right area. Bay of Quinte would also be worth at taking a look at.

if you do decide to rent a boat and fish the river, be careful. some spots can flow pretty good!

Maybe others could chime in and provide some feedback on places that they have stayed in the area?

good luck.

#344416 Ice fishing Podcast

Posted by T-Ack on 03 December 2018 - 12:40 PM in Ice Fishing

Can't wait for the live ice fishing days to start again. Many days spent last season changing diapers while watching you hammer fish lol.

bahaha + 1 here NADO!

#344340 Need help with baitcaster

Posted by T-Ack on 16 October 2018 - 09:21 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

As you are just starting out, keep it simple and don’t go for those long casts . As you get more comfortable take magnets off and play with the tension knob. Don’t worry about the line right now. So many things will affect a cast, such as wind direction and weight of the bait you are using.

#344331 Salmon lures

Posted by T-Ack on 14 October 2018 - 06:27 PM in General Fishing Discussion

:wacko: 

LOL Your Right !
Butt don't forget all those Bassholes,
Hookset Happy Snaggers fishing Bass,

Appropriately known as Bassholes.
But they sure Look Cool !
They think there impressing people by making a Basshole of themselves & hooking
everybody & everything around them with flying treble hooks.

Tight Lines
Dan

#344324 Do I Need To Oil My Baitcaster Out Of The Box

Posted by T-Ack on 11 October 2018 - 10:39 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Nope not necessary. Depending on use, you can oil after every fishing season. I get all my gear professionally serviced every 2 years. All my reels are Shimano so I send them directly to Shimano for service/maintenance.