Fishing Urban Ontario's Content

There have been 17 items by Fishing Urban Ontario (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#343131 Is highway 60 in Algonquin Park that Bad?

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 09 February 2018 - 12:23 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Another question for this page. Is it illegal to portage on logging roads in the park? Specifally the ones to the wildlife research centre and ttocs lake (spelled backwards to hide from Google).

#343065 Is highway 60 in Algonquin Park that Bad?

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 27 January 2018 - 09:58 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Hey TI why drive to Algonquin to see beavers and cougars when you have them right at your doorstep hahahahahah.

Well yeah of course I am going there with the idea of mainly fishing. But my point was that with a journey to Algonquin is a reward in itself right, the journey there is just as good. That kind of thing.

Anyways, nobody has ever caught a Splake on here? Somebody say something about them to help me out!

#343033 Is highway 60 in Algonquin Park that Bad?

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 22 January 2018 - 11:16 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I think the main reason I want to explore Algonquin is because of my parents. Growing up they always told me how much I would love it there, and now that my buddy and I are old enough to deal with a road trip like that, that's why I am eager to go. I don't expect world class fishing, my username is fishing URBAN Ontario, not fishing wilderness Ontario . Also the area is known for good trout fishing. Ontario out of doors rated the spot #6 for an Ontario brookie trip because of all the lakes there. Also there is a lake in the park with the highest concentration of lake trout in all of Ontario. Plus, stocked Splake! How cool would it be to catch a hybrid fish! I did a survey on Instagram about the fishing and only 14% of fisherman caught brookies along highway 60, so now I guess I just have to adjust my expectations and turn this into a laker trip. Which honestly is fine because I've never caught one before and I already have a brookie episode on my channel. I also have a chance of catching a bear or moose on my trail am which is awesome. I also want highway 60 because while I'm there I want to create YouTube videos to show what people should expect from a fishing trip there, which would probably get a lot of hits too. I have mapped out already every single photo on YouTube, Ontario out of doors forum, and Instagram with a Algonquin catch, with the location attached, on the my maps option on my google maps profile. So I guess you could say I am developIng my own homemade fishbrain for the park. I am totally seeing patterns in which lakes people like near the highway and which are garbage. So I find it very unlikely that the trip is going to fall flat on its face. Ive heard that even if we get skunked that the scenery and nature there is so awesome it will feel worth the trip. I would love to go portaging overnight but I honestly do think it's the wisest course this year with my circumstances (which I don't have to explain), to not. But once again if anyone has any information about the highway 60 area please tell it! Also nothing on catching splakes? Surely someone has caught them before. They stock the ponds with them and no one here has caught one?

#343017 Is highway 60 in Algonquin Park that Bad?

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 20 January 2018 - 10:56 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hmm, that's not the first time I've heard that about the creeks. "There are many creeks near highway 60 that hold lots of brook trout. I suggest for you to buy a fly rod since its an effective way of catching them. You just need to do a little more research on where to find the creeks that are easily accessible" If you feel like giving me any hints on those feel free to DM me. There's so many on Jeff's map it's hard to know where to go. Also another question for everyone, has anyone gone fishing for the stocked Splakes in the park? That could be a cool catch, please tell me anything you guys know about that.

#343000 Is highway 60 in Algonquin Park that Bad?

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 17 January 2018 - 03:49 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Sorry I got a little angry with ya its just frustrating having someone pressure you into something you said you already made up your mind about. There's other reasons besides a tear in my shoulder too. Does anyone have an experience that could help me out?

#342998 Is highway 60 in Algonquin Park that Bad?

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 17 January 2018 - 02:33 PM in General Fishing Discussion

i'm a tough guy, i will just bring the off deep woods and the bug suit. so i am not afraid of the  bugs in spring.

#342997 Is highway 60 in Algonquin Park that Bad?

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 17 January 2018 - 02:32 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hi everyone, I am planning a trip to Algonquin Park sometime in June Or May this year. I've been researching for days but now and starring at Jeff's map of Algonquin for days, now all thats left is one question. Is the fishing around Highway 60 actually that hopeless when targeting brookies? Every corner of the internet is saying that in order to catch a brookie there you have to canoe 1-2 days into the bush for that. But a mission like that would be dangerous for me since I have never really done something like that before and barely have a lot of canoeing experience as it is. Plus I have a tear in my left shoulder so I cant push it like crazy. I however have nothing against portaging to spot as long as its not too far away that i have to stay overnight there. Please don't try to pressure me into portaging overnight I've made up my mind. I have read on a former forum that the big lakes are empty but the smaller ones around the highway hold some trout. I am not looking for names of the lakes, I just want to know how the fishing was for those of you who have tried the small lakes and ponds around highway during spring. Were you helplessly skunked? What species did you catch there? How heavily fished are these areas, really? Did the spots look almost never travelled? Also should I be focusing my efforts more on the creeks around the highway rather than the lakes due if theres better fishing there? If you have a creek spot please DM me. Thank You all for your help. I will attach Jeffs map for you all. 

http://www.algonquinmap.com/

I said please dont ask me to portage overnight. I am aware of the possible rewards.

#342994 Is highway 60 in Algonquin Park that Bad?

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 17 January 2018 - 12:15 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hi everyone, I am planning a trip to Algonquin Park sometime in June Or May this year. I've been researching for days but now and starring at Jeff's map of Algonquin for days, now all thats left is one question. Is the fishing around Highway 60 actually that hopeless when targeting brookies? Every corner of the internet is saying that in order to catch a brookie there you have to canoe 1-2 days into the bush for that. But a mission like that would be dangerous for me since I have never really done something like that before and barely have a lot of canoeing experience as it is. Plus I have a tear in my left shoulder so I cant push it like crazy. I however have nothing against portaging to spot as long as its not too far away that i have to stay overnight there. Please don't try to pressure me into portaging overnight I've made up my mind. I have read on a former forum that the big lakes are empty but the smaller ones around the highway hold some trout. I am not looking for names of the lakes, I just want to know how the fishing was for those of you who have tried the small lakes and ponds around highway during spring. Were you helplessly skunked? What species did you catch there? How heavily fished are these areas, really? Did the spots look almost never travelled? Also should I be focusing my efforts more on the creeks around the highway rather than the lakes due if theres better fishing there? If you have a creek spot please DM me. Thank You all for your help. I will attach Jeffs map for you all. 

http://www.algonquinmap.com/

#342378 Fishing Jones Creek Brantford behind Brantwood Famrs

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 19 October 2017 - 08:19 PM in General Fishing Discussion

. . .

#342366 Fishing Jones Creek Brantford behind Brantwood Famrs

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 18 October 2017 - 04:27 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Yep totally it's totally coming. I don't mind the company, with a spot like this I wouldn't mind a little company. I want to know more about the creek and some more fishing there is a good way to do it. I don't know it's going to get overfished because it's a 35 minute walk to the creek and you can only access a kilometre or two of it.

#342361 Fishing Jones Creek Brantford behind Brantwood Famrs

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 18 October 2017 - 02:56 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Are you walking down the path on brantwood farms land? I know there is a pond back in the forest area but they definitely donโ€™t want you back there. We use to toboggan down those hills when I was young till a kid killed himself running off into the bush while going down the hill. Fairchild creek is always mud so Iโ€™m not sure about the creeks running into it. Iโ€™d assume the creek is low and piss warm with no browns but I could be wrong.

Hmm, so far, does seem open to the public. I have friends who walk their dogs on those trails all the time. Unless I am asked too go I think I will keep exploring it. I walked by some farmer dudes not too long ago and they didn't seem to care a bit, so unfortunately nobody's getting any wine . I went to check out the creek and it looks healthy and clean. It's about 12" deep in most areas with plenty of shade and logs. I saw some huge 9" creek chub there. When the creek chub get huge does that mean there is not a lot of trout? The creek is kind jammed up with branches in some areas, would that prevent the trout from swimming throughout thr creek.

#342328 Fishing Jones Creek Brantford behind Brantwood Famrs

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 16 October 2017 - 03:21 AM in General Fishing Discussion

The my first trout I caught was at a different creek.

#342327 Fishing Jones Creek Brantford behind Brantwood Famrs

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 16 October 2017 - 03:19 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Hi. I am trying to research a spot as always but I have no zero experiences for this creek, so I am asking this forum as a last ditch effort. There is a small creek behind Brantwood farms called Jones Creek which is part of the Fairchild Creek watershed. According to the GRCA there is a population of brownies there. I am planning to target brownies there next year a lot because this spot would be convenient for me due to my travels. Has anyone ever fished there? How was it? is the creek accessible or is the bush blocking all casting spots? Could I walk in the creek? Let me jog your memory of how to get there there's a road/trail past the store which takes you last the home and then the fields which leads to the woods at the back of the property where the trout are. Have just caught my first brown a few weeks ago as a surprise so it will be fun to target them on purpose next year. I know this is early but I am so hyped! Any actual help you could give would be great.

#341761 Im curious for a scientific answer on the realitity of sewer fishing

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 08 September 2017 - 07:59 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Haha that's funny. Well that's what I do, and love the urban fishing stories. It's real in the states so why wouldn't it be here?

#341670 Im curious for a scientific answer on the realitity of sewer fishing

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 05 September 2017 - 02:48 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hmm, ok good point.

#341656 Im curious for a scientific answer on the realitity of sewer fishing

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 04 September 2017 - 11:44 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hi everyone, I have tried to find an answer for this online and the truth is that I got zero results. I heard that it's actually illegal here in Ontario to lift up a sewer drain, (catch basin) but my searches on google have not been able to prove that. This is something that I have always been curious about due to the viral sewer fishing videos in the states. So let's try to come up with some answers because we could have hidden creeks right under our feet, so as fisherman it's our duty to investigate right? That being said I have a few questions I'm hoping you smart guys and girls can answer.

LAWS .Most people don't know that the catch basins (street square sewer drains) are not bolted to the ground, they are just very heavy. As said earlier is it illegal to lift these things? I would think its okay because sometimes the public might want to clean them so thus no law. But if there is a law then that would also make sense because that's what the city workers would get paid for. I looked up this on the Brantford website and yes these storm drainage water sewers are connected to waterways, for brantford anyways.

SURVIVAL. Most of these videos in the states have the sewers connected to a pond or River, the rain drainage goes into the spot like a creek. So that's why and how the fish are in the sewers it seems. For example the fish whisperer you tuber has said the same thing about his sewer fishing videos. Would perhaps the temperature be too cold in the creeks for warm water species? Would there be a lack of light that fish would hate? Or would the fish never have any interest in going in these creeks due to a lack of food, other than maybe instinct to spawn in a creek? I want some facts for this urban legend because crazy crap Ike crap like this has always given me thrills and awe.

EXPERINCE? If anyone has actually gotten brave enough to test this out please don't be shy in saying so. Any help in this area would be nice before the curiosity kills me and I go around causing a spectacle searching the sewers for fish ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

#341263 Please, recommend fishing places from the shore for newbies

Posted by Fishing Urban Ontario on 15 August 2017 - 12:43 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Hmm, if you mean places to learn the sport I would recommend Wilkes dam, local small ponds with a decent depth, Valens lake is good but somewhat overfished, binbrook conservation area is where I personally learned to fish. And those are the main spots I know of that I can recommend.