kingofbeasts's Content

There have been 4 items by kingofbeasts (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#344550 A revolution in Rod component layout & design

Posted by kingofbeasts on 08 February 2019 - 12:10 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

If done correctly, Yes that absolutely true,

So many people don't understand the details,

(Even to the extent of winding line on their reels backwards & telling you
Your nuts it doesn't matter the coiling line will always happen) LOL

Have you tried ATC Microwave ?

Tight lines
Dan

I've tried them just to see if they bring  anything extra to a rod than a KR Concept guides system and find out that the only extra thing was extra weight.  In my opinion, they were design to achieve the same performance as a KR concept system but in a slightly different way  and with less headache for the rod builder  while placing them. For a beginner in rod building, they are a more convenient option but , for an experienced one, in my opinion Fuji's system is better because it is more flexible in design with less weight. Specially when you build finesse jigging rods for walleye and crappie I find Microwave to be too big and too heavy for the job.  

The only threat to Fuji's supremacy when we talk about guides, in my opinion might be the similar system offered by Seaguide which have better pricing and a wider range of  frame -insert combinations. I said might be  because I am about to test some soon so don't really know the quality yet. 

#344517 A revolution in Rod component layout & design

Posted by kingofbeasts on 15 January 2019 - 11:39 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

It is a (already old) revolution  and remains the best guide  placement system on the market to this day when done correctly . It really makes a difference in spinning rods  and especially in jigging or soft plastics rods.  

#344516 How to tie a leader to a main line

Posted by kingofbeasts on 15 January 2019 - 11:30 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Uni to uni knot is not the  fastest (in my opinion) nor the strongest  and when we talk about  leader , maintaining the as much as possible the line internal resistance to traction is a key factor.  Therefore, a strong knot is better then a quick knot because you never know when you hook into a PB. You can find in the  link a top of best knots to tie a leader  :

http://www.anglers-s...ines-and-knots/

My personal  favorite remains the (improved) FG knot  as a good  time spent tying/ strength rapport.   

#344514 Hello from Ottawa -Gatineau

Posted by kingofbeasts on 15 January 2019 - 11:04 AM in Welcome!

Hi all, my name is Carol (I am a man not a woman), I am from Ottawa -Gatineau , I arrived in Canada one year ago and I have Romanian origins. Please pardon my English and feel free to ask or correct my mistakes if something I wrote is hard to understand  ( also I used to be a lawyer therefore there is a tendency for long elaborated phrases in my writing). 

I am both a fisherman and a rodbuilder so I have my hands full in winter as well . I started fishing when I was 6 (I’ll be forty this year) and I started building rods in a more serious manner in 2011. I only fish with lures and I mainly fish rivers (not such a fan of still water ) and I mainly target big predators . I only use lures and premium spinning gear (custom rods I build myself and top notch reels) because I seek pleasure in fishing and I found out that the baitcasters are not for me and my style of fishing. I am more of a “quality over quantity” type of guy and I prefer a long range -stealthy approach to a fishing spot. I've closed my rodbuilding website since it was in Romanian language and I can no longer build rods for them, but you can still see my work (those of you who are curios) on my Facebook rodbuilding page (se website in my profile) or on the US rodbuilding forum. My rodbuilding philosophy is that a fishing rod is just a refined, specialized tool which must bring you best possible performance and comfort a tool can get to it’s user (so not much bling-bling on the rods I build which I try to keep clean and simple).  

My fishing partner is usually my wife (when is not to cold outside) and we most often fish from the bank or from our small inflatable (again, stealthy approach). She usually out fishes me too  :razz: 

This is it about me in a few words so I wish you all tight lines!