• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

I fished from the dock at Merland Park my first day and caught some yellow perch around 6 inches.
The next day I went out on West Lake. I was using a 6'6 rod with 12lb. line and a Texas rigged YUM Dinger.
For the first 2 hours I didn't catch anything, my family was catching some panfish. I was fishing close to shore which is where I thought bass stayed , this was in about 5 feet and less water.
Then I moved out to deeper water around 500m to 1 km away from shore.
I landed a 12 inch Largemouth Bass, then I got another one up to the rail of the boat and just put it back over to get a glove and it flipped off.
I got one more Largemouth Bass which was my third in about 40 minutes.
They were caught in about 10 feet of water. My dad hooked a Gar Pike on a worm and 6 lb. line and it cut the line.
So in about 4 hours of fishing I hooked my 3 fish in 40 minutes. Now I know where to fish for bass.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageVideo
Posted Image
Posted ImageVideo
Posted Image

#2 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Great fishes. Nice going. thanks for sharing.

#3 FREAK4BASS

FREAK4BASS

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

I live really close to west lake, it is a weird lake to fish. You either do amazing one day, then not do well the next day. And the conditions could be the same. Right around the point that sticks out infront of the wellington harbour is a good spot in the cove, but the problem with west lake, is the water level. It doesn't take long for the water in that lake to drop. And if the water drops enough (it dropped 5 feet last summer) the fish swim out to lake Ontario. Hopefully we have a summer with steady amounts of rain. Good luck out there!!!!!

#4 Matt Rickles

Matt Rickles

Sunfish

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

I live really close to west lake, it is a weird lake to fish. You either do amazing one day, then not do well the next day. And the conditions could be the same. Right around the point that sticks out infront of the wellington harbour is a good spot in the cove, but the problem with west lake, is the water level. It doesn't take long for the water in that lake to drop. And if the water drops enough (it dropped 5 feet last summer) the fish swim out to lake Ontario. Hopefully we have a summer with steady amounts of rain. Good luck out there!!!!!

Any trout in that area? Looks.like some nice creeks and rivers that small runs might come in. Pm if you dont want to publicly reply this information.
Fish on !!