103 replies to this topic

#21 RUSTY420

RUSTY420

Perch

• Active Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

"If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen"

When you post pictures up on an INTERNET forum, be prepared for criticism... If you get all sore about comments made online by individuals you don't even know, you have other issues to be worried about.
What cracks me up is that most of these individuals post up pictures so that they can show their angling prowess.. but once someone questions there conservation methods, it's automatically an "attack"..

If someone with more experience offers advice or even points out certain aspects of your angling that could use improvement, listen and learn... Most of you are still noobs to this sport, so learning and understanding should be paramount.

It just seems like people are attacking more now rather than educating. Just IMO

#22 Hucho Hucho

Hucho Hucho

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

It just seems like people are attacking more now rather than educating. Just IMO

Could not agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Catch of the day
Posted Image

D money you are huilarious!!!!!!!--is that a stringer i see>/?? hHAHAHAHA

#24 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

in this case someone --after looking at the pics, of a young kid who just wanted to show off his fish, should have PM d the kid and said its not kosher to put up picks on the stringer even though it is not against any rules at all...or take your own advice "if you cant take the heat" dont look at these horriblly gut wrenching pics in question......of a fish on a string.....but make sure you go out every weekend and pull as many of them out of the water with a steel hook in thier mouth..yanking at thier jaw---at moments lifting almost all thier body weight by said jaw....but for gods sake dont look at the stringer pics..and when you keep one just let it slowly die without oxygen....DO NOT HIT IT IN THE HEAD TO PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY---that would be the higlight reel PETA styles...also carry red paint for anyone with fur.. unless its someone you know...then its cool..hahahahaha

I LOVE THIS FORUM.simply because we are all adults--and we are actually talking about ..a...fish.

#25 dsukh

dsukh

Sunfish

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

You are worst fishermen i have ever seen!!!
How could you keep that fish upside down like that you are bad man :)

LOL, yea I totally should have spun the paper 90degree to the right :D

#26 dsukh

dsukh

Sunfish

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

IMO:

Personally, I see a big difference between an ATTACK, and CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Sure, lessons from those more experience is good, but there's a fine line between educating and just plain attacking somebody.

Just got myself 4 post count from this, that's enough for the month.

#27 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

soon you will be a crappy or a perch---HELLOO resume update---hahahahahahaa

#28 Guest_DriftNinja_*

Guest_DriftNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

in this case someone --after looking at the pics, of a young kid who just wanted to show off his fish, should have PM d the kid and said its not kosher to put up picks on the stringer even though it is not against any rules at all...or take your own advice "if you cant take the heat" dont look at these horriblly gut wrenching pics in question......of a fish on a string.....but make sure you go out every weekend and pull as many of them out of the water with a steel hook in thier mouth..yanking at thier jaw---at moments lifting almost all thier body weight by said jaw....but for gods sake dont look at the stringer pics..and when you keep one just let it slowly die without oxygen....DO NOT HIT IT IN THE HEAD TO PUT IT OUT OF ITS MISERY---that would be the higlight reel PETA styles...also carry red paint for anyone with fur.. unless its someone you know...then its cool..hahahahaha

I LOVE THIS FORUM.simply because we are all adults--and we are actually talking about ..a...fish.

Take my own advice? Did you see me post in that thread?
You seem to have a lot to say for someone with very little experience and delusions of grandeur.... Catch a bow yet?

Tip: "Mouth closed, Ears open"

#29 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Catch a bow yet?

Posted Image

#30 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Take my own advice? Did you see me post in that thread?
You seem to have a lot to say for someone with very little experience and delusions of grandeur.... Catch a bow yet?

Tip: "Mouth closed, Ears open"

catching a "bow" doesnt entitle me to an opinion--having a working brain however might...and yes i got alot to say--its called a forum--look it up on the world wide web---wikipedia will help--delusions of grandeur? ru serious... and yes i did see your post hence the quote from it.....and when i catch a bow--which means love all in reality--i will still feel the same way. as i do now.

#31 Guest_DriftNinja_*

Guest_DriftNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

catching a "bow" doesnt entitle me to an opinion--having a working brain however might...and yes i got alot to say--its called a forum--look it up on the world wide web---wikipedia will help--delusions of grandeur? ru serious... and yes i did see your post hence the quote from it.....and when i catch a bow--which means love all in reality--i will still feel the same way. as i do now.

First: This is a forum specific to catching Steelhead and Salmon... specifically, what is your opinion worth if it's not based off of experience?

Second: I never posted in the thread in question (stringer*) :blink: So why reference me :?:

-Sometimes it's best to let someone think you are slow, instead of proving it to everyone....

#32 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

umm your name is on this thread---with a post that has even been quoted by others--i will type slow so you can keep up with the big words---my opinion is worth the same as everyone elses---discussing a stringer which myself and most other people with apposable thumbs used since fishing began... i dont care if its gobies or steelhead to be honest---you must have caught a "bow"..i can tell by your posts...years of experience--how much for you to guide my next trip??? your amazing man...you gave your opinion, your thoughts..i gave mine...a simple concept even a gecko can understand--i cannot help you past this point. i am only able to slow my brain down for so long...before i am completely asleep..

Oh and thank you for reminding me what the Steelhead and salmon forum is for--i thought it was for young kids to post pics and grown men to drop an ovary becasue the poor kid decided to string up a few fish...thanks again --geez your putting out fires all over...maybe you should be a mod.

#33 MaxWedge

MaxWedge

Sunfish

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Wow, not sure where to start... I'm new here and so far most of what I've been reading has been bickering and nit picking, did I arrive at a poor time?
I'm crowding 50 years of age, I've been chasing trout since I was in grade 5, learned a lot along the way and listened to varying opinions on catch and release, proper Etiquette when it comes to my fellow anglers or
any number of other things people argue about, that's fishing related!
I have kept fish in the past, was taught to gut and gill them rinse them out and pack them with rinsed and wet moss till we got back to the car! In the creel or in the vest!
I don't use a net, I've never carried a stringer, I have an old tailing glove I've used for longer than I can remember. I haven't kept fish in over 10 years, I've held bows in freezing cold water till my hands were numb to be sure they were able to swim away on their own!
The pics of fish here are amazing, big part of why I registered here.
Masked backgrounds take away from the pics, IMO....
Not naming water is fine, I can relate to that, I've always kept my spots to myself and a few buddies...although I see others there fairly often on opening day, which I tend to avoid anymore!
Cut people a little slack, if you really feel the need to "educate", drop them a message with your ideas or pointers.
Fishing is fun, I get out when I can to get away from the crap I have going on in real life. Just being out, for me is what its about and if I get into fish its a bonus!

just my 2 cents
tight lines!!

#34 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

hey ninja---thank you for this--now have a great holiday and a great new year---i needed this your a good man

#35 Majstor

Majstor

VIP Pro Staff

• Active Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

No one ripped at him we suggested the fish would kook better without the stringer. Some of you need to get of your high horse and yes fish do look much better when they are alive.goodnight your not Blair's brother by any chance.

#36 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

lol.

#37 Hucho Hucho

Hucho Hucho

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Look away if you have sensitive stomach.
This fish got killed and thrown i frying pan oil was extremely hot.

#38 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

parental supervision is advised.

#39 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

"If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen"

When you post pictures up on an INTERNET forum, be prepared for criticism... If you get all sore about comments made online by individuals you don't even know, you have other issues to be worried about.
What cracks me up is that most of these individuals post up pictures so that they can show their angling prowess.. but once someone questions there conservation methods, it's automatically an "attack"..

If someone with more experience offers advice or even points out certain aspects of your angling that could use improvement, listen and learn... Most of you are still noobs to this sport, so learning and understanding should be paramount.

Sure education and advice is a HUGE part of this forums but... I think that one can tell some one to do something different in a polite, respectful and "fun" way.

No need to go all caps and rage. Just say, "Dude, try holding the fish from the bottom lip. Easier for you to control the fish that way." for an example with Bass.

We need to remember that it is a fish, not a human.

#40 schnip

schnip

Perch

• Active Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

wow ninja--another person quoting the post that you did not write..bizarre--immaculate posting--its must be a holy intervention...you try and convince me that you didnt post on this thread and your telling me i am not intelligent---may i suggest you stick with the velcro.....and always make sure a grown up checks your helmet strap before you go to school...PS you the same dude that had ninja in your name before--if i recall the previous "ninja" was a master of annoying and wasnt much brighter than the average amoeba(single celled organism) wiki it...