• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 McLean

McLean

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:40 PM

ya i wish we could. I wish i was born in the 50's though, so much less political bull$$hit and it seems like money went alot further then.
I always think about packing it all upp and driving as far north as I can, building a cottage and living off the land somewere out their were i cant be found for taxes,nothing. ahhh that would be the life, having a balcony overlooking the lake were you cant have a coffee in one hand, and a pole in the other...But were am i going to get the coffee? Dammit i will always need money!lol
Chris

#62 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:30 AM

I always think about packing it all upp and driving as far north as I can, building a cottage and living off the land somewere out their were i cant be found for taxes,nothing. ahhh that would be the life, having a balcony overlooking the lake ....
Chris

This is i niced dream, it would be nice life, no stress, just relax and fish..

#63 disspatcher

disspatcher

• Active Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:45 AM

I like the Lake right in our backyard..Lake Simcoe offers some kickass smallie action,,,amoung other species!

#64 flash_kid

flash_kid

Sunfish

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

ya i wish we could. I wish i was born in the 50's though, so much less political bull$$hit and it seems like money went alot further then.
I always think about packing it all upp and driving as far north as I can, building a cottage and living off the land somewere out their were i cant be found for taxes,nothing. ahhh that would be the life, having a balcony overlooking the lake were you cant have a coffee in one hand, and a pole in the other...But were am i going to get the coffee? Dammit i will always need money!lol
Chris

have you seen the movie "into the wild"? its kinda like what you just mentioned. i enjoyed it.

#65 McLean

McLean

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:11 PM

Nope havent seen it yet, i did watch a coulpe movies last night "Diary of the dead" its a zombie movie not bad, but pretty much the same as the rest. I know its a nice dream to take off up north but i was born and raised in the country and grew up their till i was 15, and still to this day everyonce and a while i have to go escape the busy city and get out somewere the air is fresh, and i cant hear a car.

#66 McLean

McLean

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:11 PM

Nope havent seen it yet, i did watch a coulpe movies last night "Diary of the dead" its a zombie movie not bad, but pretty much the same as the rest. I know its a nice dream to take off up north but i was born and raised in the country and grew up their till i was 15, and still to this day everyonce and a while i have to go escape the busy city and get out somewere the air is fresh, and i cant hear a car.

#67 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

Chris

One day we may need to all be moving up north and living off the land...just the way things seem to be going, I say the sooner the better!

#68 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:40 PM

Chris

One day we may need to all be moving up north and living off the land...just the way things seem to be going, I say the sooner the better!

Where ever you go the taxman will follow!

#69 flash_kid

flash_kid

Sunfish

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:19 PM

its true you can't escape :D

#70 Itsme1972

Itsme1972

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

For the person great bass fishing on Lake Eugina can you camp anywhere around the lake?

#71 lonewolf

lonewolf

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

there is great bass fishing large and smallies in Chemong Lake, around curvelake reserve and selwyn conservation area

#72 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Simple..... Lake Erie, and the upper Niagara. HUGE smallies, some of the best bass fishing I have found.

Attached Images

• 1 erie.jpg
  • 2 erie.jpg
  • 3 erie.jpg
  • 4 erie.jpg

#73 Maxwell

Maxwell

Shiner Minnow

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Simple..... Lake Erie, and the upper Niagara. HUGE smallies, some of the best bass fishing I have found.

^^ this  x2 ^^,  there are some serious trophy smallies there.

#74 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

Holy man thats awesome that would be one hell of a fight.

#75 CatchandreleaseKyle

CatchandreleaseKyle

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

That lake (Eugenia) can handle most boats under 22 feet. I would suggest a 12 foot aluminum or a canoe.

My father test drove his 20 foot bayliner with a 100HP on that body of water.

Be cautious though, it gets very shallow at some points.

******* IS IT CANOE FRIENDLY?

I'VE SEEN IT ON THE MAP AND CONSIDERED TRYING THERE.

#76 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Agreed X3 I believe now, Lake Erie. Many shoals, reefs, shipwrecks and other underwater features that are perfect Smallie habitat, and hold some big ones.

Also, not a lake, but the Grand River, all 100 or 200 miles of it holds Smallies and some Largies. Just explore and get away from the areas where large populations congregate and you can do very well. I have had days where I have caught 10-20 Bass, average 1 to 3 lbs, but up to 6. I use mostly minnows and worms there, but also occasionally jigs and other lures. As an added bonus, live bait or jigs will also catch lots of Channel Cats, also 10-20 on a good day, and maybe an 'eye or Pike too.

Alfie.

#77 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

LOL. Didn't notice before, but bump. This post was started in 2008

alfie.

#78 quincy 71212

quincy 71212

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

island lake is good i have seen people pull out four pounders and i have seen many schools that have at least 20 largemouth bass  in them that are a good size  

#79 Drift king

Drift king

Sunfish

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

GB 4 5 6 7 ALL DAY LONG

#80 DUDEonthelake

DUDEonthelake

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 12:23 AM

Caught this beauty on lake muskoka from a 20 foot deck. One of my favourite places to fish (when it's not too busy)

See more in link below

https://www.youtube....0Bf6UMibjI&t=1s