• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 slimy

slimy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:44 AM

btw, about two weeks ago, I was camping at Sibbald Point Provincial Park on the south shore of Lake Simcoe. fishing from shore with my nephews on the Sat evening. They were fishing with hook and bobber, catching small sunfish and rock bass...

After about 1/2 hour of catching tiny stuff, I remembered my nice new Mini King spinnerbait I got when I joined this site... I tied it on.. casted a few times, caught a few small smallmouth bass... then I tried for a longer cast to a small patch of weeds. and ...pow... miniking goes flying about 200 ft out, I don't know if the knot broke or the line broke, but... no more mini king.... :mrgreen: but at least it caught me afew fish before I lost it..

anyways, had to tell you guys.

#2 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:58 AM

thats cool that you caught something on it, Me I have yet to catch somethin on my mini king, but still hopefull.

#3 Garry2rs

Garry2rs

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

I am very sorry to hear of your loss...I will light a candle.
During this period of mourning I suggest you re-spool with 20 lb Power Pro on your spinning reels and 30 to 50 pound on your casting reels. Please learn to tie the Palomar and the Uni knot, so that we don't have to go through this black arm-band thing again next week.
Thank you, your friend;
Garry2rs

#4 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

During this period of mourning I suggest you re-spool with 20 lb Power Pro on your spinning reels and 30 to 50 pound on your casting reels. Please learn to tie the Palomar and the Uni knot, so that we don't have to go through this black arm-band thing again next week.
Thank you, your friend;
Garry2rs

Haha...this guy is a laugh riot. lol I am crying...haha

#5 slimy

slimy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

Thank you, your friend;
Garry2rs

Thank you...

Your kind words have made a horribly bad experience just a little bit better... maybe I will get a new MiniKing and start a brand new adventure.....

#6 the_skdster

the_skdster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

Thank you, your friend;
Garry2rs

Thank you...

Your kind words have made a horribly bad experience just a little bit better... maybe I will get a new MiniKing and start a brand new adventure.....

And this time don't forget to weld the Mini King to the steel leader. :mrgreen:

#7 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:38 PM

that sucks.
at least you qualified to get a registering gift, as i didnt. (joined before april :mrgreen:)
look forward to posting 100 or winniing a contest next time !

#8 slimy

slimy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

Don't all the contest prizes just go straight to idesign anyways??? lol

#9 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

And this time don't forget to weld the Mini King to the steel leader. :mrgreen:

Wow, this is really good one, Hahahahahaha :( :D :D

#10 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

what color was it ? :mrgreen: those lures rock ! have caught many fish on a very similar bait.

#11 slimy

slimy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

what color was it ? :mrgreen: those lures rock ! have caught many fish on a very similar bait.

It had a small silver blade (colorado, i think).. and had a clear/sparkly skirt. It was super nice. and now it's sitting on the bottom of Lake Simcoe... :(

#12 Garry2rs

Garry2rs

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

I've never heard so much weeping and wailing about a $5.00 spinnerbait!
Stop your sniveling and go to Wal-Mart.
You might want to buy two new ones.
One to use and one to keep in your purse!

#13 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:09 AM

And if $ 5.00 is still too much, you can go to Dollarama to stock up with lures, @ only $1 each :mrgreen:

#14 Garry2rs

Garry2rs

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:19 AM

There's a good idea!
The best thing you can do with a Dollarama lure is lose it...HAHAHA.

#15 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

ohhh yeaaaaa.... Dollarama, completely forgot about that, just keep in mind that the lures are known for falling apart, but you just can't go wrong for $1 each :mrgreen: I heard the purple/silver/orange minnow pattern works best for T.O harbour pike !

#16 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

ohhh yeaaaaa.... Dollarama, completely forgot about that, just keep in mind that the lures are known for falling apart, but you just can't go wrong for $1 each :mrgreen: I heard the purple, silver, and orange minnow pattern works best for T.O harbour pike !

Seriously, they maybe falling apart but this has not happened to me yet (I do not use those very much at all - so maybe that is why). I was very skeptical about those lures too, but to my great surprise - orange minnow lure got me some LM bass and rock bass. So my investment already paid off, :( Ha ha. So I do not mind if I lose them now..

#17 slimy

slimy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

I've never heard so much weeping and wailing about a $5.00 spinnerbait!
Stop your sniveling and go to Wal-Mart.
You might want to buy two new ones.
One to use and one to keep in your purse!

I don't have any room left in my purse, it's full of tissues to clean all the yucky fish slime off my hands... ewwwww...

#18 Garry2rs

Garry2rs

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

HAHAHA!
Good reply.