• m4.jpg
  • m2.jpg

#2 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:02 PM

I'd just like to let everyone know what happened here. Without seeing a receipt I can almost GUARANTEE the OP bought this reel at $90 when they were on sale. They used to be $569 but after sitting in the case without selling (you can take your guesses as to why) we liquidated them to $90 this week; they all sold in a day. It's a decent reel sure (although not my taste), but not even close to a $500 reel, I would have a hard time paying more than $200 for it. Just thought I'd let everyone know what's going on here.

#3 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

OP, Ill give ya a cool $100 for it.  deal?

#4 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

good heads up chris. hate to see someone paying more then they should

#5 GoodenTight

GoodenTight

Steelhead Master

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

#6 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

That's 13% off pre-tax, even if Chris hadn't pointed all of that out, still not a great price. Latest and greatest electronics, bnib, sure you can sell for a little below retail and find willing buyers.

But that reel?

I'd just like to let everyone know what happened here. Without seeing a receipt I can almost GUARANTEE the OP bought this reel at $90 when they were on sale. They used to be $569 but after sitting in the case without selling (you can take your guesses as to why) we liquidated them to $90 this week; they all sold in a day. It's a decent reel sure (although not my taste), but not even close to a $500 reel, I would have a hard time paying more than $200 for it. Just thought I'd let everyone know what's going on here.

LOL. And dude was firm on his 550% margin. Oh the greed!

#7 coppa

coppa

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

Guys what is your problem ?

I paid for this reel $1.00 (one dollar)  and this reel is brand new for sale and selling for 500 ,

Crist   way so much BS ? Thank you so much for your " wrong " information !!!

for your trusted information this reel was $444.99 at sail etobicoke  wasn't any liquidation involved and same reel went to  569

is there something that I owe you ---that's way you're BS so much ?

I will not post any more !!

#8 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:32 PM

wow......never realized how big of a markup that sail has, considering its listed at 470 on the ross site for the 7-9 wt size, and thats retail, not whole sale price!  they're making $100 over the msrp per reel, and assuming they bought the reels for 350 each or less.......

#9 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

TBH, I believe it was $450 but I went with $570 because of the OP. Until I see a receipt I'll stick to my gut and go with my gut feeling that you're trying to flip this, especially since you only have 2 posts. If you'd like to send me a picture of a receipt by all means do so and I'll retract my statement.

#10 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

lmao, nice Chris, nice!

#11 swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent

Sunfish

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

CK,

I respect where you're coming from, and a simple heads up that an item may have been, or is on sale someplace is a nice thing to do. But, beyond that, I think nothing else needs to be said. This is a buy and sell section and a person has every right to ask what they feel they want for an item. As buyers we can pay, choose to look else where or even bargain. Coppa has every right to even profit on shrewd buy, if that happens to be the case. The fact that you would'nt pay more then $200 for this reel is irrelevant. Ross makes a great product and its upto the purchaser to do their due diligence and decide what its worth to them. I don't think it's necessary to dissolve into this petty back and forth. Unless you know something illegal is occuring or have had a bad buying experience a particular seller I think it's unfair to hijack someone's 'buy/sell' thread with unsubstantiated allegations of wrong doing.

Just my two cents.

#12 coppa

coppa

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

swiftcurrent

Great Post !!!

#13 coppa

coppa

Earthworm