• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GraysonEverett

GraysonEverett

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:41 AM

I have about 700 dollars to equip myself with a fishing kayak but with the 700 I also need a way to transport it around I have a suv. Anyone have any suggestions I was looking at field and stream eagle talon?! I don't know any insight would be great thanks everyone for your help.

#2 Chrome Bullets

Chrome Bullets

Sunfish

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 01:20 AM

What species do you plan on targeting? Are you fishing back water ponds, lakes and rivers? Or do you plan on taking the yak out on big water? Save up a little more and look for a wilderness systems, ocean kayak, prescador etc. These are better yaks. They can be found for under $1000 on kijiji.

I kayak fish kings religiously on Lake Ontario and Lake Huron. I quickly discovered that I could not cheap out on things...

Also buy yourself some straps and strap it to the top of your SUV. I used to strap down 2 Hobie Pro Angler series. These are huge yaks and it could take it no problem. If you don't have a roof rack use a couple pool noodles or foam blocks to rest it on.

#3 Symmetre

Symmetre

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:28 PM

If you see the kayak you want, don't mess around, buy it right away. Most stores ran out of inventory last spring and stayed sold out Christmas.

Currently still waiting on the 14 Hobie I bought in September, I'm told I should have it by middle of April. Fingers crossed.

#4 Tyler0420

Tyler0420

Sunfish

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:49 PM

Chrom bullets what kayak are you fishing out of?
I hope the dealers have stocked up I looking to buy one soon and don’t want to wait till fall for it.