• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Houndboy

Houndboy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

Hi guys my name is david, and i just go back to fishing, i am young (15) so i dont have much experience i hope to learn a thing or too from this forum as u guys are very talented im in Mississauga.

thanks

David

#2 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Welcome David.

What set up do you use?

Try some local ponds for panfish action!

#3 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Depending on where in Mississauga you are, you could have plenty of nice places even within walking/biking distance for a youngun such as yourself

#4 Cyphus

Cyphus

Sunfish

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Welcome David, Hit up lake aquitaine, wabukane or the credit. Good times.

#5 fishing89

fishing89

Perch

• Active Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

etobicoke creek is nice in early april

#6 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

hi david, so what kinda fisher are you im not much younger than you im 14, this forum helps me alot hope it helps you too. good luck 

#7 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

Why can't all teens be more like these kids!

#8 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

waiiit I saw wabukayne... no fish in there are there? I thought there waqs a big "toxic" spill there a few years back and killed pretty much everything in there

#9 Cyphus

Cyphus

Sunfish

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

The spill was cooking oil back in 2007, nothing toxic about it. It certainly wasn't healthy for the lake, covered some birds in oil and some some frogs died, so although it was a problem, it didn't kill everything. http://www.mississau...ga/article/8733

There are panfish; carp, sunfish, crappie, catfish.

#10 BackwoodsBassr

BackwoodsBassr

Perch

• Active Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Good on ya for getting back in to the sport dude. CA87 is right if more youth were like you fine lads the world would be a better place lol.

Cheers and good luck on the water!

#11 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Why can't all teens be more like these kids!

Good on ya for getting back in to the sport dude. CA87 is right if more youth were like you fine lads the world would be a better place lol.

Cheers and good luck on the water!

Most teens that have a cottage, a pond nearby, or a relative that fishes, do fish, they just don't join fishing forums...

#12 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

Most teens that have a cottage, a pond nearby, or a relative that fishes, do fish, they just don't join fishing forums...

LOLOLOL. Not teens but in their early 20's.

We were driving past a western trib yesterday and I saw a guy with his rod doubled over and 20 ft downstream there was a fish about a ft above the water, pretty sure it was attached to his line LOL. I said stop for a minute, but no, the guys wanted to get home to their MP3s or World of Warcraft.

There is all kinds out there. Not saying who is who. The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Alfie.

#13 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

There is all kinds out there. Not saying who is who. The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Alfie.

True. Although, I know more teens in real life the fish then guys in their 20s...

#14 SmackUm

SmackUm

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

Welcome David!

#15 Houndboy

Houndboy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

well i have three not very good setups, 1 7ft medium action shakespeare rod with a dollarama reel thats actually pretty good spooled with 8lb one, 1 6ft medium action shakespeare rod with a dollarama reel also spooled with 8lb line, and a shakespeare ez-cast bait cast combo with 40lb power-pro super slick braid. I have more than 1 rods as i ago fishing with my dad.

Thanks a lot 

David

#16 gavins2

gavins2

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:03 PM

Hi my name is Jovan,i am 14 and i am a pretty good fisher i am from mississauga and i was wondering if you guys good help me because i do not know much about the creeks and pond here could you guys maybe list a couple creeks and pond and then about what kinds of fish are there. Also does anyone know about lake wabukayne

#17 reelgurl

reelgurl

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

All great tips..

#18 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:17 AM

Tips never have an expire date. Hounboy should have is drivers licence by now.

#19 Pescado

Pescado

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:44 PM

Welcome David....Search the net on a rainy day, lots of good tips.

Up to us to expose this sport to youth...take a kid fishing, keep it simple if they're really little.  If they're teens kept informative but still fun, I'll drop the hammer on the boat every now and then just to keep the blood pumping...lol.  My daughter is 14 and fishes tournaments with me, she's my favourite partner.  I don't know Mississauga to well but the Credit river has a good variety of fish....don't be afraid to ask any questions....good luck

#20 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:03 AM

Wabukayne has carp and panfish. I've heard crappie above but never seen one. They put up a fence around a large portion of the perimeter last year which is quite annoying but can be circumvented.

Aquitaine is also right down the road.

You will not get trophy fish from either of these "lakes" but they are definitely great for practicing technique or messing around. I work 2 minutes away and often stop in for lunch bites on slow days.

You're better off doing the Lake O thing though in my opinion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction