• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Pogue

Robert Pogue

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Man I've missed this Forum! I've been so busy lately with exams and my new job I haven't had time to spare! Anyway, I've just been given the opportunity to go on 3 day ice fishing trip on the Bay Of Quinte!!! Three of my lifelong buddies paid for a trip and bought a 4 person group package with a Group of guides they invited me along As a Birthday gift. Obviously I jumped right in! I guess the way it works is we go up on the Friday of the 21st of this month and arrive at this lodge by noon. then at that point do six hours of fishing on Friday, 12 hours on Saturday, and a final 6 hours on Sunday. That's all I've been told for this trip. My buddies aren't saying much else (Maybe have a surprise planned for that birthday weekend?) Anyway, The thing is I've never been on a guided fishing trip with Professional Guides. and I'm really just curious how this kind of thing would work? Everything I've said here is all I've been told. Also, I've never been fishing even close to the Bay Of Quinte. What can I expect to catch up there? Would the Ice still be thick enough in late February? I mean I don't go ice fishing often, and Don't know at all what to expect from a guided ice fishing trip. If any of you guys have ever been on a guided Ice Fishing Trip and wouldn't mind sharing your experiences that be great! The 21st couldn't come any faster!! 

Tight Lines

Rob

Oh and I'll be sure to post an update on the outcome of the trip right after it happens!

#2 MadocFlyGuy

MadocFlyGuy

Perch

• Moderators
  • 753 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Many species are at your fingertips on the BOQ - your number 1 target through the ice will likely be walleye. I've seen some HOGS pulled out of there! You'll have a blast - the ice should still be plenty thick for you!

#3 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

talk about a sweet bday present! Typically on a guided trip all you need to bring is yourself and some warm clothes. They will likely supply all the rods and tackle so just listen to what they say and on Quinte with a guide I can't see how you guys wont get into lots of fish.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ice fishing, ice, fishing, walleye, pickerel, bay, of, quinte