• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

Last two weeks of the season fellow brothers...everyone is busy with the holidays and the rivers will be devoid of humanity.
The question is, and lets not by coy, WHAT RIVER YOU THINK WILL PRODUCE AND WHERE DO YOU PLAN ON SPENDING THE LAST WEEKS OF THE SEASON??

OH YEAH, AND I DO LOVE OBFUSCATION AND SARCASM :evil:

Wouldn't it be great to meet up somewhere with a bunch of guys from the board?

SUCK IT UP, let's rock...

#2 Guest_RiverNinja_*

Guest_RiverNinja_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

Nice catch. congrats :grin:

I will already be fishing with another board member... :mrgreen:

#3 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

Nice catch. congrats :grin:

I will already be fishing with another board member... :mrgreen:

Well that's three people...

#4 *chromeaddict

*chromeaddict

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:45 AM

nice fish! i hope the last two weeks are the best two ..... its just finding a spot thats still producing numbers .

heres a fatty outta a local trib. caught tuesday

Attached Images

• fatty.jpg

#5 jpct

jpct

Sunfish

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

Wrapping up???

lol!

It's just getting started!

#6 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

Wrapping up???

lol!

It's just getting started!

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!!!

#7 Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost

Sunfish

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

My word of advice is to watch the hydro charts. This last week I fished the Maitland River on Thursday in steady rainfall and a rising river. Managed 3 steelies and 5 other hook ups.
My son and I returned Friday to find the river raging and up approx 1 metre, so we quickly hit the Nine Mile and fished hard all morning with only 1 steelhead landed and 1 lost. Back to the Maitland - hoping to find some calmer water near the mouth of tribs, however the Maitland was worse than the morning. We made a decision and headed back to the Nnie Mile where the ater had improved and all the fisherman had left - 4 more trout landed and 12 hook ups.
Saturday we were both tied up and couldn't fish but reports from friends indicated the Maitland was pooched and even if you could access the water you couldn't land the fish anywhere.
Sunday we drove straight to the Nine Mile and joined the crowds. Heavy snowfall was occurring and virtually no fish given the number of fishermen. We stuck it out and around 11AM fish were being hooked up. My son and I landed 5 by 2PM and lost an equal number. As we had to travel by the Maitland on the way home we checked out the river and by end of day had hooked another 10 - unfortunately all were unlandable given the monster water flow.
I know that the rivers will be productive right up to season end - It is almost too late for a complete freeze up by Dec 31st, so you see me on whatever river has volume and flow.

#8 ChaseChrome

ChaseChrome

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

My word of advice is to watch the hydro charts. This last week I fished the Maitland River on Thursday in steady rainfall and a rising river. Managed 3 steelies and 5 other hook ups.
My son and I returned Friday to find the river raging and up approx 1 metre, so we quickly hit the Nine Mile and fished hard all morning with only 1 steelhead landed and 1 lost. Back to the Maitland - hoping to find some calmer water near the mouth of tribs, however the Maitland was worse than the morning. We made a decision and headed back to the Nnie Mile where the ater had improved and all the fisherman had left - 4 more trout landed and 12 hook ups.
Saturday we were both tied up and couldn't fish but reports from friends indicated the Maitland was pooched and even if you could access the water you couldn't land the fish anywhere.
Sunday we drove straight to the Nine Mile and joined the crowds. Heavy snowfall was occurring and virtually no fish given the number of fishermen. We stuck it out and around 11AM fish were being hooked up. My son and I landed 5 by 2PM and lost an equal number. As we had to travel by the Maitland on the way home we checked out the river and by end of day had hooked another 10 - unfortunately all were unlandable given the monster water flow.
I know that the rivers will be productive right up to season end - It is almost too late for a complete freeze up by Dec 31st, so you see me on whatever river has volume and flow.

Awesome job GG--wish I were there with you guys. I'm likely waiting for the new year...January should be calm with the fish well rested and less spooked