• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 DrewBGS

DrewBGS

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Living in brampton, you dont get the best fishing experience that you would get anywhere north of the city. BUT!

Recently Ive been using google maps to spot out all the local ponds and stuff and fished them.

I've caught some beauty LM bass and there are PIKE in brampton, i suggest everyone thats been looking for sports in brampton check these local "storm management ponds" that are going up in the new divisons. Ive been having way too much fun at them on nights i cant leave the city.

1-4 pound LM bass in Norton Park Place as well!!

If you guys want some tips on the spots PM me on here!

this is my first post.!

#2 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Living in brampton, you dont get the best fishing experience that you would get anywhere north of the city. BUT!

Recently Ive been using google maps to spot out all the local ponds and stuff and fished them.

I've caught some beauty LM bass and there are PIKE in brampton, i suggest everyone thats been looking for sports in brampton check these local "storm management ponds" that are going up in the new divisons. Ive been having way too much fun at them on nights i cant leave the city.

this is my first post.!

Welcome to the site! Thanks for the tips.

#3 RonnieTO

RonnieTO

Sunfish

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

this is my first post.!

Hello Neighbour.... I too live in Brampton. Ive never fished in any of the Storm drains but a long time ago when my kids were little I used to take my kids fishing in Heartlake Conservation area where the kids had great fun catching trout both from the bank or from a canoe. I think Parks Canada stocked the wee lake with a couple of different fish species back then but I don't know if they continued doing it.

I caught a Whale in Loafers Lake but it wasn't any good so I had to throw it back.... too bad it had a puncture (flat tire) Hehehe

I'm sure there are different types of fish in the ponds & small lakes in Brampton but I don't know the quality, or quantity or the size of the fish that can be caught but certainly are probably good enough for the kids to take Dad out and teach him how to fish.

The nearest River that has quality fish would be the Credit River but parts close to Brampton will probably be closed for the season & would have to check that out before you set out.

Good job on catching the LargeMouth Bass and welcome to the site!!!

#4 Klamp

Klamp

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Professors Lake is good for bass but they're dwindling in numbers. Heart lake isn't bad, but same issue with stock depleting. Ken Willians conservation area is also within a 10-15 minute drive. Tons of good fishing within 30 minutes of Brampton but as RonnieTO said, numerous closures are in place right now.

#5 worldslaziestninja

worldslaziestninja

Sunfish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Always fish in the area. I know a few good spots myself. PM me and we can get out sometime.

#6 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

You guys are luck to have storm ponds. The rest of Toronto just floods.........lol. Looks like someone was thinking when they put the city together.

Welcome to the forum.

#7 RonnieTO

RonnieTO

Sunfish

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

I remember Norton park now, many years ago you could rent a canoe there in fact it was my first experience with canoes LOL

Never fished there but you are handy for a beer or two at the Bramalea Legion on #7

#8 RonnieTO

RonnieTO

Sunfish

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

You guys are luck to have storm ponds. The rest of Toronto just floods.........lol. Looks like someone was thinking when they put the city together.

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah I'm not sure if there are anything of interest in most of them as that's all they are for is water run off.

Be nice if the city stocked some of the bigger ones

#9 grubman

grubman

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Yeah I'm not sure if there are anything of interest in most of them as that's all they are for is water run off.

Be nice if the city stocked some of the bigger ones

You could always put your own bass in there to eat the goldfish.......lol.

#10 manasmdesign

manasmdesign

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

I usually fish at Professors and have caught some nice bass and perch there. I've heard there are monster carp and other species there too.
I also have fished at Southlake and seen some huge Koi, although I only caught sunfish.
Thinking about going again this friday.

#11 manasmdesign

manasmdesign

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Here are some images of a bass I caught this summer

http://manasmdesign....07182012459.jpg

http://manasmdesign....BASS_JULY18.jpg

http://manasmdesign....SS_JULY18_2.jpg

#12 DrewBGS

DrewBGS

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Nice smallie from Brampton, nothing special but its from norton park place. Ill try to find some more photos of brampton fish!

Attached Images

• 302509_10151097269840784_780454813_n.jpeg

#13 DrewBGS

DrewBGS

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

And heres a decent LM from one of the management ponds in brampton.

Attached Images

• 155532_10151136460695784_1222475283_n.jpeg

#14 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

And heres a decent LM from one of the management ponds in brampton.

Nice looking fish! Are you allowed to fish there?

#15 DrewBGS

DrewBGS

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Nice looking fish! Are you allowed to fish there?

Talked to the city guys and got the ok! apparently theres nothing against fishing them. And thanks bud.

#16 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Talked to the city guys and got the ok! apparently theres nothing against fishing them. And thanks bud.

Cheers, wondered if it was legal with the fences... Thanks for clearing it up!

#17 DrewBGS

DrewBGS

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Cheers, wondered if it was legal with the fences... Thanks for clearing it up!

oh the fence was just there for safety for the kids so they dont play in the drainage system

#18 DrewBGS

DrewBGS

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of fish this is exactly? thanks a lot!

Attached Images

• photo-1.jpeg

#19 CanadianAngler87

CanadianAngler87

Perch

• Active Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of fish this is exactly? thanks a lot!

Creek Chub I believe.

#20 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

oh the fence was just there for safety for the kids so they dont play in the drainage system

Cheers.