• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 reelbigfish

reelbigfish

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Ok, that's cool, but at the same time you cannot delete those pictures ever. I don't really like that. Anyways why do you need to see pictures of my fish, I generally don't take pics unless the fish is "trophey"size. And plus I don't need validation on the fish I catch "nice fish bro" doesn't make me feel like a real man lol. You're a nice guy noob, I was just pickin on u because you're so overly nice. Lol

#22 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Ok, that's cool, but at the same time you cannot delete those pictures ever. I don't really like that. Anyways why do you need to see pictures of my fish, I generally don't take pics unless the fish is "trophey"size. And plus I don't need validation on the fish I catch "nice fish bro" doesn't make me feel like a real man lol. You're a nice guy noob, I was just pickin on u because you're so overly nice. Lol

Ummm ya you can - you just go to your post, edit it and delete the link... It's nice to see pictures of fish others have caught, especially for those of us that are office bound

Thanks for the compliment.

#23 reelbigfish

reelbigfish

Sunfish

• Banned
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Right you can delete the link but the physical picture is still on the internet, you should educate yourself before you put your life on the internet, granted, its just a picture of a fish and myself but I choose to not live on the internet, truthfully I only go on this forum on my phone when I'm taking a dump, sometimes that's agood 3 a day. Id rather not have pictures of myself floating around in cyber space, that's my choice. That's why I don't use Facebook our any of those sites, its all bs your information is sold and someone else profits from mans need of validation whether its how many friends you have on Facebook our how many pictures of fish you have, my validation is my own personal experience, and I respect the fact you like to see others pictures, but its just not my thing. I just don't understand what the need is?

#24 DitchWizard

DitchWizard

Perch

• Active Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

So there's a picture of a fish floating around in cyber space...I'm not sure how that is going to effect your life in the futur.

I don't think many people here are looking for validation for their pictures and fishing. More like sharing pictures with like minded anglers and friends. I really enjoy a fishing report with pictures, its a nice way of sharing. Much like sharing the fun of a catch on the river with a buddy.

#25 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Right you can delete the link but the physical picture is still on the internet, you should educate yourself before you put your life on the internet, granted, its just a picture of a fish and myself but I choose to not live on the internet, truthfully I only go on this forum on my phone when I'm taking a dump, sometimes that's agood 3 a day. Id rather not have pictures of myself floating around in cyber space, that's my choice. That's why I don't use Facebook our any of those sites, its all bs your information is sold and someone else profits from mans need of validation whether its how many friends you have on Facebook our how many pictures of fish you have, my validation is my own personal experience, and I respect the fact you like to see others pictures, but its just not my thing. I just don't understand what the need is?

Easy. Place your fish on some grass for 5 seconds, place your rod and reel beside it for some sort of a size reference and snap a shot. It will show others a pic of a fish which we all like to see, that's part of why we are here. No pic of you will be floating around the internet as you won't be in the pic.

As an added bonus it will show Fishingnoob one of your set-ups and answer one of his earlier questions.

That doesn't seem so difficult does it?

Alfie.

#26 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Witness protection program???? lol man chill

Thanks Alfi and River

#27 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Witness protection program???? lol man chill

Thanks Alfi and River

No that's me Noob, I'm in Hamilton where the air smells. And the Mafia hangs :oops: shouldn't have made that public I think.

I guess Nunavik is the only place left for me. Well, there's Pike, Lakers, Specks and Char up there anyway. Positive thinking reelbigfish!!!

Alfie.

#28 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

No that's me Noob, I'm in Hamilton where the air smells. And the Mafia hangs :oops: shouldn't have made that public I think.

I guess Nunavik is the only place left for me. Well, there's Pike, Lakers, Specks and Char up there anyway. Positive thinking reelbigfish!!!

Alfie.

Hahaha :D :lol:

Bet the pike get huge. :D Did you forget grayling?

#29 SmackUm

SmackUm

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Ignoring works.... General George Washington was a master at this during the American Revolution... ;)

http://www.3quarksda...y_musing_p.html

#30 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hahaha :D :lol:

Bet the pike get huge. :D Did you forget grayling?

Yes Grayling. I never caught, but always wanted to fling a fly at some of those.

Alfie.

#31 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yes Grayling. I never caught, but always wanted to fling a fly at some of those.

Alfie.

Me too. After seeing pictures of them, they are definitely on my list.