• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dbit

dbit

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hi, this is my first post! Me and some buddies are planning to go to little lake in Barrie for fishing, we are renting a boat and I would like some suggestions for some spots to catch some bass, I have a friend who just started fishing this year and he wants to catch a bass. tips on what bait to use there is also welcome! :D

#2 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

Never fished it personally, but from what I've heard over the years there's lots of pike as well as bass in there.

The lake is not that big so it shouldn't be hard to work the Lake in a rental boat.

I would work the shore-line areas looking for any obvious structure, docks, stumps, lily pads, weeds, etc... any drop-offs adjacent to structure...

As for baits, if you find any good structure, I would toss some 4 or 5 inch senkos, wacky rigged to target bass. I would also throw some spinner baits and a few cranks baits like x-raps; You'll probably hit both bass and pike throwing those. If you're there at dusk or dawn, I would also try some top water baits.

Taking a quick look at a map, the following areas look decent based on what appear to be weed-lines/drop-offs and points:

But like I said, it shouldn't take long to figure out the good spots.

Hope it helps... maybe some of our other members who have fished it can give you some inside info.

Attached Images

• littlelake.JPG

#3 RedSkullz

RedSkullz

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

I lived on little lake for over 2 years and fished it almost every day during the season.(my uncle used to own the bigger campground) Try the south end near the creek mouth for largemouth as well as the north end in the thicker weeds. Out toward the middle there is a horseshoe shaped deep weedbed that has some big pike that seem to hang around. I estimate its about 15 feet deep. Deeper cranks will get you pike there if you can find it. You also might want to try at the mouth of willow creek off the sandbar with small tubes and cranks. If you get lucky, you will find a school of crappies.

Fav lures for largemouth:
3-4" tubes in pumpkinseed or other green
hula poppers in green or black (dusk or dawn periods)
1/2 to 1oz spinnerbaits in yellow and white

PIke Fav lures:
J-13 rapala in silver
Rebel wally demon (for the deep weedbed)

Crappie favs:
1/16 oz jigs in pink and chartreuse with the spinnerbait arm

Hope that helps! Good luck!

#4 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

Just had a friend suggest this spot, I am def gonna try these tips and baits out!
Thanks!

#5 Rapala Boy

Rapala Boy

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:59 PM

PIke Fav lures:
J-13 rapala in silver

Thanks! Now I have something new to try out.

#6 FarhadJune

FarhadJune

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 12:10 AM

Hi there! 
Anybody kind enough to let me know where I can launch my inflatable boat from to fish on Little Lake?

The boat rental place is closed and I don't want to launch from a private property. 

Thanks so much!