Photo

Shore Fishing Pickering??.. Pike..Live Bait stores?

pickering pike bass

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PikeBait

PikeBait

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hey Roomies...

Just located to Pickering...wondering where I might find some On Shore Pike fishing in the area...I do drive so within say 30 min of city....

Also anyone know of live bait available in this area?...

I am from Muskoka so this is a big change in fishing choices for me lol.....Any help would be great....

#2 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

you can try frenchmans bay for pike and bass but after tight lines closed i have no idea where to get live bait from 

#3 FISHIN'king

FISHIN'king

Sunfish

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

Live bait if your heading east, go to Gagnons in Oshawa, for Pike Try Toronto waterfront, Pickering bluffs, frenchmans bay, Oshawa harbour, most Lake Ontario shorelines, Especially Toronto Island is good

#4 PikeBait

PikeBait

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the replies roomies!!!..I tried Frenchmans and Port Perry on weekend...no such luck...We went to Cesarea *bad spelling * lol....It was super packed aswell...40 people on a small government dock...my son caught a smallmouth...but that was it after 2 days of fishing..Tried some suggestions...white spinnerbaits...live chub..silvers ect...nothing...
Anyone have any pike setup suggestions for shore casting in this area?
CHEERS!!

#5 JDean

JDean

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

PM Sent

#6 Default_User

Default_User

Sunfish

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

I usually go to Frenchmans Bay and Duffins creek. Used to go by Twynn Rivers when I was younger

Live bait is tough in Pickering for some reason. Usually have to go to RV in Scarborough (McCowan and Sheppard)) or Lucky's (midland and Sheppard)

There was a bait shop on Kingston and morning side/meadowvale area - but they shut down some years back.

Edited by Default_User, 25 July 2014 - 11:33 PM.

#7 jmcbane1

jmcbane1

Earthworm

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:54 PM

Is bait very expensive up in your areas?

#8 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:48 AM

If you're in Pickering proper, you're 4 exits away from AV tackle. along sheppard between markham rd & mccowan....minnows & worms are good. If you're buying minnows, the old lady that guards (yes guards) the store gives good amount of minnows if you're a regular.

as for spots for pike. you're pretty close to Frenchman's, rouge river & bluffers park, if you're targeting pike.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pickering, pike, bass