40 replies to this topic

#1 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

Hello everyone, 

I would like to send out a big thank you to all the forum guys for supporting Fishheads Canada ove the years.  I cannot tell you how happy it has made me hearing all the great reviews and kind words from happy customers!!!!

I was waiting for the first big push of fish to start the sale but up my way I am not sure when that is going to happen, 

So I thought I would start out with a 15% Off Fresh Roe Products. 

Use Code:  onlythebest    to save during checkout

image_zps04017cf2.jpeg

Thanks & I Hope Your Fall Is Full Of Brown & Chrome

Mike Hagon @ Fishheads Canada 

#2 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

And I just bought your roe a few days ago and now I see this lol. I haven't fished it yet, only tied some bags but it looks awesome, I want to eat some it looks so good. The eggs are definitely the nicest I've seen yet, hopefully the fish think the same.

#3 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

And I just bought your roe a few days ago and now I see this lol. I haven't fished it yet, only tied some bags but it looks awesome, I want to eat some it looks so good. The eggs are definitely the nicest I've seen yet, hopefully the fish think the same.

Appreciate the kind words Catfish.   Enjoy the roe and please leave some for the fish, lol  would be a waste if you ate it all

Mike @ Fishheads 

#4 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

My yearly order should be made shortly, Im thinking about the ole combo pack. Give the fishies some variety!

#5 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

that variety pack definitely looks awesome. 

Thinking of going straight rainbow roe this year.. thoughts? yay or nay?

#6 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

My yearly order should be made shortly, Im thinking about the ole combo pack. Give the fishies some variety!

go for it!  the specy and brown roe hammer the fish in clear water!!!!  my go to when the fish are picky 

that variety pack definitely looks awesome. 

Thinking of going straight rainbow roe this year.. thoughts? yay or nay?

Rainbow always works but as stated above the variety helps in those tough fishing situations 

#7 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

go for it!  the specy and brown roe hammer the fish in clear water!!!!  my go to when the fish are picky 

Rainbow always works but as stated above the variety helps in those tough fishing situations 

That Brown roe I got last year was the key for me on low clear winter-spring days when no one else was catching! Still have some nook roe from my last order, when that depletes Ill be stopping by the site 

#8 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

aww sheeit new bags!

you know ill be comming around soon for some.

@shawarma yea the rainbow roe is a good all around but sometimes you need that trick card up the sleeve when everyone else is using the same thing and its going slow ;)

i personally like the brown trout roe as a backup. or salmon in very low visibility

#9 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

I need to pull the trigger on some of your brown trout roe this year.

I always hear good things about them.

#10 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

Thanks all. Looks like a mix it is.

#11 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:00 PM

I say this over and over, year after year - this is the absolute best stuff you can purchase.  I haven't heard anyone being disappointed with the product or the service - bump for FishHeads :cool:

#12 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

I say this over and over, year after year - this is the absolute best stuff you can purchase.  I haven't heard anyone being disappointed with the product or the service - bump for FishHeads :cool:

I forgot to say that my order came within 2 days and the eggs actually felt cool to the touch since they were against the cool pack.

#13 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

Bow and Brown roe ordered!

#14 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

aww sheeit new bags!

you know ill be comming around soon for some.

@shawarma yea the rainbow roe is a good all around but sometimes you need that trick card up the sleeve when everyone else is using the same thing and its going slow ;)

i personally like the brown trout roe as a backup. or salmon in very low visibility

looking forward to seeing you again!!!!!

Thanks so much for the positive words,  I cant tell you how much it means!!!!

I forgot to say that my order came within 2 days and the eggs actually felt cool to the touch since they were against the cool pack.

Right ON !!!!!  That was my hope, Glad the bags are helping in these warmer temps 

Bow and Brown roe ordered!

And Shipped should see your order by friday  

#15 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:30 PM

That Brown roe I got last year was the key for me on low clear winter-spring days when no one else was catching! Still have some nook roe from my last order, when that depletes Ill be stopping by the site 

That is what I feel,  On those clear water days the fish hammer the brown roe 

I need to pull the trigger on some of your brown trout roe this year.

I always hear good things about them.

Do It you wont be disappointed  

#16 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

Pretty sure the email i just got was for the roe arriving at my home. That's some quick shipping!

Question: Last time i ordered roe, i made the bags the same day i received them. Could i freeze the roe as they were shipped in the vaccum sealed bag and then later defrost and bag 'em up? 

#17 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

Pretty sure the email i just got was for the roe arriving at my home. That's some quick shipping!

Question: Last time i ordered roe, i made the bags the same day i received them. Could i freeze the roe as they were shipped in the vaccum sealed bag and then later defrost and bag 'em up? 

yep thats works but i always suggest dividing the roe into days of fishing that way you only thaw what you need for your days fishing 

#18 rybak

rybak

Sunfish

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

How many baggies should I expect to use per day or if I fish for about 4 hours ?

#19 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

Depends on the roe you buy. Some eggs are smaller some are bigger. I usually tie up 10-15 bags for a day. So if I was using salmon roe it's usually 4 eggs in a bag so like a handful or little more is good. And depends as well how mangled your bags get short strikes and catching fish can damage bags pretty easily. Snags can tear the bag or damage eggs. You can go through roe pretty fast if your getting lots of fish or snags.

#20 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

How many baggies should I expect to use per day or if I fish for about 4 hours ?

Good thing about the roe from fish heads is you just refreeze what you didn't use. Worked perfectly for me for my last batch. You can do this quite a few times.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roe, Spawn, Sale, Fishing, centerpin, trout, bait, sale