• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rayray519

rayray519

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

So I fished a Huron trib that had no flow/current (or was very very slow).  I could see many steel holding and coming in and out of different pools/holding spots. 

I setup a few bigger split shot just above my swivel and tied a roe bag with small floats in it.  The bag was off bottom but didn't seem ideal (never got any bites).  I did get a couple strikes on the 2" power bait pink worm but only as the worm dropped down, but wasn't consistent. 

Found it very difficult to fish and get into the fish.  What the best way to fish water with little to no current for steelhead?  Would a drop shot setup work?

Saw this but he applied this technique in a lake.  Not sure how well it would work with a roe bag.

#2 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

HMM Iinteresting. Good to know stuff.

#3 fenwickfisher

fenwickfisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

Question: do you use styrofoam in your roe bags?

I know there are a lot of people who don't like those little balls of styrofoam but I find it helps bounce the bag along in slower water it is tricky to get it down quickly but if you play around with your shorting patterns you should be able to pick up a few....and above all is presentation especially when the water is slow since they have more time to examine your offering....hope this helps

#4 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

Small 6 mm bead on 24" 5 lb. fluro leader to short 3 ' shot line with all the shot stacked near the float.

#5 fishing89

fishing89

Perch

• Active Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:44 AM

Fishing slow flowing water is tough.

Staffman's tip is great for float fishing, however if the flow is really slow I switch to hardware; Spinners, spoons, hot n tots....try it out!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: river