3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnmoe5

Johnmoe5

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:31 AM

Good Day!

So I have recently moved to Bowmanville from Gananoque, Thousand Islands area and am looking for great spots to fish from land. So without having the boat up here any chance to get a line wet would make my day!

Regularly I fish for Bass, Pike and Musk and after talking with some locals, they said that the trout and salmon are the most popular in the area. So with little experience fishing for these species, any information on where to go and what to use would go a long way.

Thanks,

John

#2 myspacedave

myspacedave

Sunfish

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:47 AM

Welcome to the hype! Worms and roe under a float or bouncing bottom... I recommend you stay where you are and enjoy the resources your town has to offer. I'm jealous!

#3 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:27 PM

Head out to the Goodyear Dam , lot's of folks there would be glad to steer you in the right direction. Great location to move to . Welcome to the Board.

#4 Jason

Jason

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

I think Bass fishing should be between baseline and highway 2 in Soper creek park area. There should also be some Bass where Soper Creek and Bowmanville Creek join not sure how good it is these days but worth the try.  Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Durham, Bowmanville, pike, bass, shore, musky