• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fishmaster

Fishmaster

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

Hey just wodering where to fish mid October in Huntsville for big pike salmon trout or perch.
Thanks.

#2 T-Ack

T-Ack

Sunfish

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

Lakers in Huntsville area are closed so cross that out. No salmon in Huntsville but for big pike try Lake Muskoka and surrounding areas. If you travel a bit further north in Katrine, there is Doe lake that holds good numbers of pike as well. Lots of little lakes and streams around that hold brookies.

I have a cottage in the Huntsville area that holds giant pike if you can find them. Sorry though, I won't be sharing that lake.

There's a tool online that will show you what species are in most lakes. You can check it out here ->

https://www.gisappli...ne&locale=en-US

Hopefully that helps. Good luck .

#3 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

Hey just wodering where to fish mid October in Huntsville for big pike salmon trout or perch.
Thanks.

salmon? lol

#4 TheTallOutdoorsman

TheTallOutdoorsman

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

I think he meant Lake Trout!

Do some research and leg work, and I know there are plenty of lakes with some big fish!

#5 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

Hold on a sec, I’ll try and get the coordinates for you....

#6 fishfight

fishfight

Sunfish

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

I fished there 3 years ago for few days, we stayed at Deerhurts resort, tried few lakes and river system , no luck so far, my friend and I were the only people fishing, to our surprise. Then I met someone two weeks ago who lived there for a year then moved back to toronto area. He also said the locals do not fish there that much, and fished elsewhere.