• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:43 PM

I'm just wondering if you guys can share what fly patterns are productive for you this time of year while fly fishing for resident trout (rainbow/brown/brook) on tribs like whitemans, the upper grand and the upper credit. I lost both of the boxes containing majority of my flies last fall and I only had a few left to use this past spring. I've had success using Adams, pheasant tail nymph, and black stonefly nymph. I usually have success this time of year using a black caddis but I didn't have any with me this spring. I appreciate any suggestions as I will probably go buy/make some more flies this weekend.

Thanks 

#2 Ibroxlad

Ibroxlad

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:33 PM

I've had success with dries such as the pale morning and sulphur dun, as well as the blue wing olive patterns on the Credit in the Belfountain area.  Yesterday I caught 8 brook trout, three of them were 9 inches, but the remainder were between 7 - 8 inches. All were released :) and even though they were small, it was still a fun morning.

#3 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:54 PM

Nice. I fished downstream from the cataract at the forks a few days ago. Caught one tiny brown

#4 Fry Flier

Fry Flier

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:04 PM

My go to's are the Royal Wulff, the both Brown and Black elk hair Caddis.

#5 Ibroxlad

Ibroxlad

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

I've had success with various caddis as well, especially on the Upper Credit. The larger caddis can even be swung across the current just like a small muddler. 

Can't wait until spring ;)