• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AgreeableAlex

AgreeableAlex

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:10 PM

So I just recently started fishing as my getaway hobby and I'm now fully in the rabbit hole. I impulsively bought some basic equipment as well as a shimano rod and reel combo. Only looking up what I actually bought later. The reel is a IX2000R but I can't match the code for the rod to anything online. It says shimano sensilite with the code SN-66BM2. Is it an old or discontinued model? I bought it brand new at a local shop. Even the shimano website won't acknowledge the code. Any info is appreciated i'd love to to know more about this rod.

#2 BRMZ

BRMZ

Sunfish

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:43 PM

Beside the code it should have some more information containing rod length, lure weight and line test.

make a good snapshot of this information and me will help you to make some sense out of it.

#3 AgreeableAlex

AgreeableAlex

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

Screenshot_20190802-134456_Gallery.jpg

#4 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

That's a good rod

#5 BRMZ

BRMZ

Sunfish

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:07 PM

Well balanced and universal spinning rod. Very good pick for your first one. Quick search did show that it has been discontinued. Does not really matter since one of the rods I am using is 20+ years old.

Can be used for catching almost anything you can find in our general area. Pan-fish, carp, pike, bass you name it. I did use similar one even for fall salmon when started.

I bet in a future you will find yourself in need of specialized rods, but by that time you would know what are the requirements for your second and all following rods.

Good luck and share your fishing reports without naming the locations of course.

#6 AgreeableAlex

AgreeableAlex

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:47 PM

Great to hear! Thanks for the help!