• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 texasfisher

texasfisher

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:16 PM

HEy all! im new here and am going on a short, 6 day fishing trip to canada with my Grandparents in Ontario. im targeting mainly brown trout, brook trout, rainbows and pike in the areas they can be fished for (i.g zone 20) any ways im going in early march and will be there until the 18th and can fish zones 15,16,17,18, and 20. i've been looking at a few rivers and have only found a few places like the credit river, and the whitemans creek. if a few of y'all could please tell me, 

A) a few of the rivers in which i could catch some of these species

and

B) whether the trout are in the lower end of rivers or upper, as i cannot seem to find that on ANY website.

thanks in advance

- Danial 

#2 Will

Will

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 12:08 PM

Hi Danial:

Welcome to Ontario!

I hope you get to enjoy some of the great fishing here. Sounds from your post that you'll be in the Hamilton area or the GTA. Whiteman's Creek is completely closed up until late April like a lot of trout streams. Trout season is closed all winter here, but there are some rivers with extended seasons. The Credit River below the 403 will be one of your few options. The Niagara River is a great option this time of year (Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout and Lake Trout). There are also some options east of Toronto. Brook trout for the most part won't be available this time of year since any streams you can find them in are completely closed to fishing. If you stop by any fishing shop you should be able to get some up-to-date info on fishing opportunities around here. Conditions change daily with rain and snow and temperature (melting/runoff) and even with wind (Niagara) at this time of year.

Good luck and post pics if you get a chance!

#3 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 02:38 PM

Go to the mouth of Mimico creek and bottom bouce some styrofoam. You'll catch plenty of trophy sized brook trout