• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Arnab M

Arnab M

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 11:42 AM

Yesterday I went out targeting pike by the nuclear plant, I landed a nice clean eater and kept it. It was 22.5inches and about 3lbs, a young lil pike for the fry. The bite pretty good for such a pressured place.  I got completely out fished by some kids who were at the same spot. I ended up recording a YouTube video of it all, Ill have it linked at the end of this post. All the fish were caught on medium shiners after 7pm. Among the 10 of us fishing at that spot, 2 perch  (1 was 13.25 inches), 2 pike (my 22.5 and another kid's 26ish), and 6 bowfin were caught. Most fish were released, some were kept for eating. It was a great time and shows how easy it is to take kids out fishing, those kids were  having a blast pulling in pike and bowfin at a spot really close to home. Good fishing can be found anywhere, you just got to put in the time. Since pike opener, this is the 5th evening I've been here, only ever seen fish get caught today. Luckily, the hard work paid off with a nice pike!

Video title: 

Fishing at a NUCLEAR PLANT (I got out-fished by kids!)

Channel name:
Arnab M.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: frenchmans bay, lake ontario, pike, bowfin, jumbo perch