#43 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Snag... yes. Floss... no.

vincent-price-o-rly.gif

I've snagged a Bass before... accidentally but I've had situations where I could clearly see a bass just sitting there... And it could have easily been snagged.

#44 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

I've snagged a Bass before... accidentally but I've had situations where I could clearly see a bass just sitting there... And it could have easily been snagged.

I love when I see a bass sitting nearby in the water.  It's the best time to bust out the flipping jig and toss it right in front of it's face  :cool:

#45 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

I love when I see a bass sitting nearby in the water.  It's the best time to bust out the flipping jig and toss it right in front of it's face  :cool:

Haha that's exactly what I do. Flipping and pitching are my favorite Bassing techniques.

#46 usernamehere

usernamehere

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

All i do is crank and spoon. Not good at using jigs except put it under a float and drift it.

#47 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

oh the dr

top that off, anyone with a $20 rod and line can catch a bass.

Salmon are challenging to get into even harder to land. information on them should be kept closer to people than most other species since they run once a year and in specific tribs. Not to mention there are alot of members on here who have spent $1000's on gear to catch these fish to have some "internet user" diclose locations and information that encouraces more and more people to come out and infringe on what little time (about 4 weeks a year). Some of us work and cannot fish all the time. The time we do get out Id rather spend it in fish, not fighting the white bucket brigade.

u know whats ironic u say that any one can catch a bass with a 20$ pole and guys spend thousands on equipment for salmon yet ur arguing over keeping the spots hidden what are u afraid of one of those guys with a 20 $ rod catching a salmon. let them get spooled.  and as far as bass not being fun to catch I think that's more personal preference not everyone is looking at a catch to meat ratio all the time sometimes it is about the journey and lb for lb a bass is one of the strongest fish out there

#48 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

guys with $20 rods are a newsance at the rivers edge. especially with 20lbs line as they cross mine. If they catch the fish, hey more power to them! I have no issue with that man. Its about what I have invested into the excursion.

Bass- rod reel line hooks worms/grubs and beer.

Salmon -  rod reel hooks roe, yarn, flies, swivels, floats weights, vest, wadders, glasses ect.

Bass, go to a storm drain like that guy in oakville.

Again it wasnt a personal stab at anyone but its frsutrating to see like 10 threads on the same thing.

#49 Mr. Bassturd

Mr. Bassturd

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

so u don't have to blast the guy this is why people think salmonid fishers have such big egos ..  I see posts on here all the time of people with 4posts asking where the salmon are I get it .  even asking for bass spots I only give info I wanna give cuz just because u use the exact same setup and go to the same spot doesn't you will hav the same luck as me.  and just remember we all have to start somewhere, some people work with what they got, to some it is also about being minimalistic when it comes to fishing like me I use light/medium tackle and 6lb line half the time for bass.

P.S u leave the bass alone i'll leave the picky a$$ trout alone :D

#50 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

I dunno man, when river season is over for me I spend a lot of time fishing bass and have multiple setups.  Stuff isn't cheap when you factor in the price of some of the bait casters and good quality rods.  Plus the cost of some of the lures get quite expensive.  It all adds up quick.

This summer I fished a bunch of back lakes that are hidden gems that not many know about and are very difficult to access.  It's not just salmon and river spots that people like to keep quiet.

#51 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

hows the revo treating you?

nice reel eh?

#52 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

hows the revo treating you?

nice reel eh?

Love it man,it's extremely smooth and the 20lbs of drag is awesome.  I think I may like it even more than my currado  :mrgreen:

#53 WasagaWader

WasagaWader

Sunfish

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

P.S u leave the bass alone i'll leave the picky a$$ trout alone :D

You say that now.  Come the spring and you have fly rod in hand you will be skulking up and down rivers and streams with the rest of us

#54 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

your gonna change your name yo flyturd....lol

#55 nestlewater

nestlewater

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

guys with $20 rods are a newsance at the rivers edge. especially with 20lbs line as they cross mine. If they catch the fish, hey more power to them! I have no issue with that man. Its about what I have invested into the excursion.

Bass- rod reel line hooks worms/grubs and beer.

Salmon -  rod reel hooks roe, yarn, flies, swivels, floats weights, vest, wadders, glasses ect.

Bass, go to a storm drain like that guy in oakville.

Again it wasnt a personal stab at anyone but its frsutrating to see like 10 threads on the same thing.

Salmon isn't the hardest fish to catch, you don't need all those

#56 fishing89

fishing89

Perch

• Active Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

You can catch salmon on marshmallows, 20lb mono and shitty $30 rods.

Just come to bluffers park and see for yourself. Salmon is not HARD to catch at all. Steelhead and trout on the other hand....those require skill

#57 fishernick

fishernick

Sunfish

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

You can catch salmon on marshmallows, 20lb mono and shitty $30 rods.

Just come to bluffers park and see for yourself. Salmon is not HARD to catch at all. Steelhead and trout on the other hand....those require skill

i respectfully disagree. fishing for salmon in a river is a lot different then fishing at a marina. 

try using something more appropriate, like a 10lb mono in a river with fallen trees, rocky rapids, constant s-bends, deep pools and immoveable objects. i bet you have more line breaks and lost fish then fish landed. 

also, if you know how to fish a particular species than it isn't hard once you have figured out your patterns. but the first step to being successful is knowing your gear and how it works, when and how to use it. 

#58 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

i respectfully disagree. fishing for salmon in a river is a lot different then fishing at a marina. 

try using something more appropriate, like a 10lb mono in a river with fallen trees, rocky rapids, constant s-bends, deep pools and immoveable objects. i bet you have more line breaks and lost fish then fish landed. 

also, if you know how to fish a particular species than it isn't hard once you have figured out your patterns. but the first step to being successful is knowing your gear and how it works, when and how to use it. 

Barbie rod decimates all.

#59 fishernick

fishernick

Sunfish

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

hahahaha thats awesome!!!! 

im going to buy 8, 1 for each technique!

#60 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

All fish species have their own respectable challenge involved in catching them. So can we all respect the respectable challenge?