http://i110.photobuc...am/markham2.jpg
http://i110.photobuc...am/markham1.jpg

#2 TheOnts

TheOnts

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

Anybody know which of the Markham ponds are good?

#3 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

Anybody know which of the Markham ponds are good?

We have posted these possible maps of ponds so the members can go and find out what is in those ponds (if any) and make a report.

#4 sumgurl008

sumgurl008

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

OO... I live in markham and would love to try out these ponds so how do I start? Pick a number .. go fish .. make report?? where would I post these reports?? Thank you for pointing these out.. didn't know so many ponds in my area!! By-the-by, are the question marked ones the pond you need reports for??...

#5 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

OO... I live in markham and would love to try out these ponds so how do I start? Pick a number .. go fish .. make report?? where would I post these reports?? Thank you for pointing these out.. didn't know so many ponds in my area!! By-the-by, are the question marked ones the pond you need reports for??...

So, have you gotten out to any of these ponds. hurry let us know!! waiting with baited breath...lol!

#6 sumgurl008

sumgurl008

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

Yes I've tried one pond but failed to catch anything!

#7 freekincage77

freekincage77

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

I'm all for this, however how do I know which ponds have been reported on?
Im going up to stouffville to get my girlfriend all the time a good percentage are on the way
i'd love to check some out but don't want to waste time if people already have.
p.s. some of the ones you'll find in stouffville are private ponds. The one beside the 407 looks like its man made and cement bottomed

#8 shimano25

shimano25

Sunfish

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

Toogood Pond is alright. It's located in Unionville. It has catfish, carp, and largemouth.

#9 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

I went to Minle today and didn't think I was going to catch anything, but there were fish jumping in the distance, but then in the end I managed to catch a small bass the size of a good crappie/ sunfish, pan sized, that I released. Regretted feeding all my minnows to the ducks afterwards lol

#10 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

2 years ago I tried Too Good Pond and was fishing mini catfish for fun, but a huge carp bit my lure but it broke my line as it I was pulling in it. It was huge and swam under a log. There are still many carp there, I've tried fishing them, but then don't seem to bite, I think they are grass carp, only vegetarians and eat the algae and stuff. I got ti with a worm. 8 years ago, I caught bass, white suckers and rainbow trout that were decent size, but a lot has changed since then. Alot of huge jumping carp at Too Good Pond nowadays that don't seem to bite, I've tried corn, but some people use bread etc... But personally using corn and bread feels stupid as if nothing will ever bite, I prefer minnows to catch Bass.

#11 optimus89

optimus89

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

ive tried toogood pond..never caught non..except a small sucker. i wonder how big the bass are

#12 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

A fishing club established a bass population there a while back and fish are stocked, but alot of people fish there because it's close by in markham and as dirty as the water is many of them actually take the fish home to eat so it so it not suprising that there are not that many fish. The carp there are huge, there may be some 1 pound bass or less still around in the lake. Sometimes I consider bringing bass to release there but then prob will get caught and eaten so might as well keep or release back.

#13 FrankTheRabbit

FrankTheRabbit

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

A fishing club established a bass population there a while back and fish are stocked, but alot of people fish there because it's close by in markham and as dirty as the water is many of them actually take the fish home to eat so it so it not suprising that there are not that many fish. The carp there are huge, there may be some 1 pound bass or less still around in the lake. Sometimes I consider bringing bass to release there but then prob will get caught and eaten so might as well keep or release back.

Just a heads up, according to the MNR guidebook, it's illegal to transfer live fish from one body of water to another. The only method of transporting fish that you've caught, is by killing it.

There's quite a bit of rules in the guide, so if you're not sure, it's a good idea to look up.

I definitely have learned a lot from being non-informed, but that should not be an excuse.

#14 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

Just a heads up, according to the MNR guidebook, it's illegal to transfer live fish from one body of water to another. The only method of transporting fish that you've caught, is by killing it.

There's quite a bit of rules in the guide, so if you're not sure, it's a good idea to look up.

I definitely have learned a lot from being non-informed, but that should not be an excuse.

#15 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

Thank I'll read over the guide book onceand for all lol

#16 Freezer

Freezer

Sunfish

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

I've been fishing toogood pond for years, I've caught largemouth, carp, suckers, panfish, crappies, and catfish. I have noticed that it says they had rainbow trout in there but never got one yet. I have fly fished for the carp and man, they are very very picky, I have only landed one out of 10, I have gotten. It's not the best place to fish, you got to have lots of patience.

#17 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

Lol I tried for the carp there many times this summer and I can literally see them but red ants biting me like crazy before carp does lol

#18 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

Freezer, I was wondering if ya caught any bass at too good pond recently and if so, how big are they. Wanna if it's worth while to try for bass there, I know it's great for carp. I had a 1lb bass there before but that was 8 years ago. Either it's like 5 pounds now or they're all eaten lol due to overfishing.

#19 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

Summary of Markham Fishing Spots to share with you guys.

Red = common
Blue = season
Green = Possible

Alot of the other bodies of water are man made, probably no fish, but I've seen some minnows in some of them. Only possible way for the newer ponds that were created to have fish is if people released them there, but that's illegal.

Attached Images

• index.php.jpg

#20 optimus89

optimus89

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

i was at milne yesterday. on the princess rd..side..by the dam. no luck..not a bite...im really starting to wonder where the fish are at.. Toogood pond i havent had luck so far..i see fish there.but seem like carp n catfish. i was wondering the same thing...^...wonder how the big bass are there.