More Creations !!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:10 PM

Hey guys, been doing a lot of pours this, was practicing with these molds I recieved, some of them are quite hard to pour into, while others are easier to pour. I also recieved some more molds the other week and have some creations (egg cluster baits) + more colors to post later on tonight or tommorow (still have to take some pics), can't wait to test them out !!! :)

#2 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:22 AM

Any pics yet? I'm very curious to see how these turn out!

#3 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:05 AM

Oh snap !! Forgot to take pics, I'll do it tonight lol, completely forgot to take pics, heading out fishing in about a half an hour for pike !! I guess I'll do it when I get back !!!

#4 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

Here's some salmon cluster eggs (orange/red, orange w/ glitter, brown w/ blue pearl, and also pink). The other week I also got bored and poured a few trout worms, heres 1 trout worm (that came out nice) & also two 4" inch senkos, both are the same orange-peel w/ gold & gold holigraphic glitter color mix. I also made some eggs in that specific color, can't wait to try them out ! :)

Posted Image

I also took this quality hi-res shot below, so you can see the glitter in the baits a little better, great for overcast days:

http://img124.images... ... 014xw9.jpg

Enjoy !

John

#5 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:16 PM

Very cool! Thanks for posting the pic.

I've never seen the plastic egg-clusters before. I've only seen single eggs (jensen eggs).

Would you use some kind of scent with those, or just fish them like that?

#6 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:04 PM

Yup they come lightly scented, but I basically leave that up to the user, what I could also do is just make them without adding scent in the first place aswell. What I usually do is add a drop or two of both Anise & Banana worm oil into it. But what I recommend doing is, mixing it with any fresh or artificial salmon egg scent or real salmon eggs, one particular regular scent that you can buy is "Berkley Trout Scent" just apply a little or use "AtlasĀ® Mike's Extra Strength Gel Scents", its basically a gel that they sell at BPS (they don't sell it at lebarons) just dab a tiny little of this stuff onto that bait, should last for at least 10-20 casts :) I wanna test it out & see if it works!

Here's the link for it, I still have to test & try it out, or maybe mix my bait with real salmon eggs which I can get fairly easily. I have a jar of atlas prerigged salmon roe bags that I bought at BPS a while ago, I think I'll try mixing it with that.

http://www.basspro.c... ... =1

#7 Rich

Rich

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:54 AM

Do you sell those baits Snypa?

#8 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:37 PM

Yeah I've had ppl asking me about that, no I currently don't sell them to other fishermen, but I might start selling it to a few buddies of mine & quite possibly you guys, I'm thinking I'll buy a few more molds first so I can make higher quantites of specific baits that I like making (ie: stickbaits & softeggs) during the winter months, and have plenty for the summer time. The thing is tho if I did, I would be doing it more for fun as towards making $$$ off of it, the US border customs fees are killer !! I'll be sure to let you know 1st Rich.

#9 Black_Blade

Black_Blade

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

just wondering if there is any guidelines for approximation of the amount of hardener or softener to use....I would hate to ruin a batch if it turned out to much either way.

#10 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

I guess the best way to start-off is using small amounts & experimenting with that, once you get more confident in your amounts you can try using larger amounts of softener or hardener for example, the thing is with with hardeners & softeners, too much is never good for the bait, aswell hardeners tends to thicken up the plastic while cookin & is also easier to burn. Personally I loved using MF super soft with a little bit of softener with it, 12 to 1 ratio, but after a while I wanted my baits to be a little more tougher while being still soft enough to wiggle nicely.. In the end, i just stopped adding any softener whatsoever.