• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Black_Blade

Black_Blade

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:44 PM

Looking for a good one man pontoon boat...any suggestions? I seen one at Canadian Tire last season but was not sure. I have Googled one person pontoon, but with not great results. I recall coming across a good model last year on the web, with a trolling motor attachment etc, but darned if can remember what it was called.

#2 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

Was actually looking for one last summer, I know for a fact that LeBarons has a nice selection of inflatables, almost bought a 2-person one last year for like 200-300 it came w/ oars too (not sure if they still have that deal). Take a look at one of their printed cataloges !!

#3 toober

toober

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

I saw some at Bass Pro Shops (Vaughn) recently. They have some nice float tubes too, if you're into that. (I am.)

Pontoon Boats at BPS

toober

#4 Black_Blade

Black_Blade

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:03 AM

Thanks Toober! Thats just what I was thinking of....I had considered a tube also but think I would prefer to be sitting up higher out of the water for a better view. I also notice some models have a standing platform...thats the real cats patutie!

#5 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

Black_blade, I'm aslo considering getting into a one-man pontoon boat.

If I could get one with a standing platform and trolling motor, that would be amazing!

I'm also wondering how easy it is to store one of these... Do they assemble/disassemble easilly? I live in a apartment so I'm wondering if one of these could fit on my balcony.

#6 Black_Blade

Black_Blade

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:20 PM

Some of those Water Skeeters I seen on the BPS link that Toober posted, have standing platforms on them. Its nice and all, but wow, the price tag is getting up there for a one man rig!

As far as assembly and storage, it would prolly take a trip to Bass Pro Shop to see them and maybe see if there is anybody knowledgeable on that.

I seen one type of pontoon boat that actually folds up into a backpack! But it would not be one of the standing platform ones tho.

#7 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

There's also Cabela's (http://www.cabelas.com) expecting a package from them tommorow, I just recieved their 07' fly-tying catalogue and noticed that they have a nice selection of pontoons, and also a few float tubes too. Excellent shipping & good online tracking.