Bass Opening Weekend Results!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 toober

toober

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:05 AM

Let everybody know how you made out this weekend! Here's how I did.

Posted Image
Caught from my float tube on Gloucester Pool. Don't know the weight, but it felt heavy and was around 18 to 20 inches long. (Picture is from my cellphone, and the fish was released.)

Posted Image
4.3 pounds, also caught from my float tube on Gloucester Pool. It didn't break my fishing rod, but it tried real hard. (Please excuse the crazy expression on my face... I don't know why I look like I want to kill someone.)

I hope y'all made out well. Be sure to post some pics!

toober

#2 disspatcher

disspatcher

• Active Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

Atta boy Toober...bass looks like 3-4 lber!

#3 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:20 PM

hmmm

is that a pike or AK47 ?

either way it fits you.

#4 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Hey nice man !!! the look on your face is priceless lol, it probably just hit outta nowhere eh !? :) I've been dying to go there & try getting me some Gloucester pool muskys, its good to see that theres some SM bass & pike in those waters. And that pike looks like a small rocket ! maybe its a snot rocket :D cheers.

#5 toober

toober

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:38 PM

Thanks, guys. It was a lot of fun, especially the pike... or AK... or rocket... or whatever. :)

I only fished a small section of Gloucester Pool, but what I saw of it was real nice, plus the fishing for both pike and bass was pretty steady. My daughter also had a great time pulling in sunfish in large numbers.

All in all, it was a good weekend... exactly what I needed. Now I want more pike! (The one in that pic is my personal best, thus far... I'd never caught a pike before this year.)

toober

#6 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:08 AM

Nice fish Toober! I got into some smallies, largies and some rock bass myself. I'll upload a couple of pics once I put my reports together.

#7 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:55 AM

Well, here's one of my bass from the weekend... not as big as some of the GTA pond bass I've caught. All in all though, the cottage was a very relaxing time.

Posted Image

#8 toober

toober

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:02 PM

Is that about two Gulps long? Anybody care to work out a conversion from length in Gulps to weight in pounds? :)

Nice fishy, by the way. Way to go, Big Ole Bass! :D

toober

#9 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

Gulp bait are 5"

#10 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

Is that about two Gulps long? Anybody care to work out a conversion from length in Gulps to weight in pounds?

LOL! Maybe I should start using a tape measure instead of my Gulp Package... but it's kind of a tradition now.