buzz baits

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

A few of you might've noticed.. I've been very quiet lately, partly due to working, eating, fishing, sleeping and making baits :D About a month or two ago I must've mentioned that I was working on some new baits for the upcoming bass opener, was a little worried about showing them off without any testing, so from bass opener til now I was testing the baits thoroughly at a certain honeyhole. To tell you the honest truth, when I took them out the first time, I was a little nervous that the fish wouldn't like the lures, but whatdya know, they worked (especially the spinnerbaits). In-fact I was catching more fish with my baits than the store-bought ones that I own :) I still haven't had a chance to test my baits in deeper-waters, so in the coming weeks I'll hopefully have time to head downtown, and possibly lake simcoe & or lake scugog and try them out there. Here's a couple pics of a prototype buzzbait I made "Ninja Buzz", I might even modify it with a better buzz blade that has drilled bubble holes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Next up, spinnerbaits & bass jigs. And also a few fishing reports/updates to post :D

#2 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

That is one awesome looking buzz bait you have created there!!

#3 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:42 AM

Snypa, the Ninja Buzz looks very nice. I would definitely try adding the bubble holes.

Very nice.

#4 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the comments & feedback guys !! Openfire, already ordered the bubble hole buzz blades, and I also ordered 24k gold plated buzz blades, can't wait to try them out :) I'll be sure to post pic of them in use.

Here's also another buzzbait that I made lastnight, I call it the "Island Rat", also added a clacker blade to it, still need to epoxy the rattle into place.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:34 AM

I think you should get some sort of tool for which to allow you to do some sort of eching on the blades...

so you can etching in your brand name :)

#6 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:10 AM

Hey snypa, hook me up with a couple of these buzz baits... My GF's parents have a cottage on Rice Lake. I could probably get you some pics of some big bass with your lures in their mouths. :)

#7 disspatcher

disspatcher

• Active Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:53 AM

Nice baits for sure. Ever thought of adding a red trailer hook to them....Bob Izumi swears by the trailer hook lol;) but it does work, looks cool too!
Check out the tackle shop I posted, think they sell parts ect too!

#8 disspatcher

disspatcher

• Active Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:53 AM

Nice baits for sure. Ever thought of adding a red trailer hook to them....Bob Izumi swears by the trailer hook lol;) but it does work, looks cool too!
Check out the tackle shop I posted, think they sell parts ect too!

#9 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:32 PM

MikeyMikey, already thought of that, I have to look for a supplier that does that, or I was thinking possibly using very small stickers that I could get printed professionally, should look nice !

Hey snypa, hook me up with a couple of these buzz baits... My GF's parents have a cottage on Rice Lake. I could probably get you some pics of some big bass with your lures in their mouths. :)

Openfire, sure !! But if you want a brand-new one, you'll have to wait a few weeks, cause I ran out of those black/red glitter skirts, so I should have some in a week or two. Only have those 2 prototypes right now (drilled buzz/gold 24 plated). Which did you want, I can give you a used one right now, and then make a new one for myself in a week or two if you need it soon.

disspatcher, I used to do that to my store-bought baits, its great especially if you know you're getting follows w/ miss hits !! I also checked that site out, I think they only sell baits :)

Posted Image

#10 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

Built some new white buzz baits last week and also took some better pics of the older baits. Still waiting on those black (w/ red glitter) skirt layers, they should be here by now.. called the supplier, they said they sent them out last week, so hopefully it should be here any day now. Openfire, if you want something else like one of my spinner-baits "for now" ie: DC-18, or a devestator, just let me know.

front views:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

side views:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image