• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 toronto_angler

toronto_angler

Sunfish

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:41 AM

Hey all, probably too late but would be good to know for next year? Where are the good spots for big carp in Toronto? I know the islands is good. Does bluffs and Rouge produce any big ones anymore? Frenchman's bay? Git addicted to carp in the summer and can't wait to try again.

#2 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:13 PM

Well... any lakefront area would be awesome . no ?

Lakefront Promenade Park has huge carp cruising around the bay.

I am sure Bluffer aswell.

Also, when I was fishing at the Credit mouth for salmon(s) early in the morning especially in those calm water days after sunrise I could clearly see not huge but gigantic size carp right at the end of the pier rocks in that little corner.

I mean... it had to be literally way way over 30lb or so. Probabl close to 40? It really did look huge.

I've seen them every morning I visited there, same area too. Also see a dozen or more right by the rocks swimming around.

#3 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:48 PM

i also see the huge carp swimming around port credit pier.

#4 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:42 PM

Toronto_Anglers, they're usually everywhere, at least everytime I've been downtown during the warmer months (especially the islands) But since its a little colder now, they may be harder to find but I wouldn't be suprised if you found a bunch of them around Center island (swan pond).

#5 Tr3vWh0r3

Tr3vWh0r3

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:02 PM

I took this picture of a carp that came out of Bluffers Park. I have seen some bigger ones but I didn't have a camera at the time.

Posted Image

#6 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

Nice Carp!

Never tried bluffers for carp. Good to know. Thanks!

#7 Tr3vWh0r3

Tr3vWh0r3

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

Here is another one that I got from Bluffers Park. It looks like I am scared of the fish, but in all honesty I just don't want it dripping on me haha.

Posted Image

#8 Guest_ontariocarper_*

Guest_ontariocarper_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

Here is another one that I got from Bluffers Park. It looks like I am scared of the fish, but in all honesty I just don't want it dripping on me haha.

Posted Image

Nice common. Lakefront Prom, is best the in the dead of summer, I was a crazy all year round when the sisters were still standing, darn mayor. Bluffs produce really well mid April. Toronto Islands have some monsters, but you should use boilies, as they produce bigger fish. Frenchman's Bay is still a hot spot for carpers, but you have to wait till baginning of May, prepared field corn works great there. Asbridges bay has some of the best carp population in the GTA. But don't overlook the mouth of the Ganny.

Hope this helps
Daniel
http://www.ontariocarphunters.com

#9 urbanangler

urbanangler

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

yup Frenchamans bay is awsome, but u have to wait till may cus it seems they take a little longer to spawn, while they r spawning they are almost lockjawed

#10 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

Well it's been a few years since I lived in Mississauga, but here's a sick spot for carp... at least it was when I lived there. I don't know if they were spawning or what, but you could literally walk across the creek on the backs of carp... And they definitely weren't lock-jawed! Throw any old hook with a few kernels of corn and they would fight eachother for it. Fish on each and every time you threw your line in within 2 seconds flat. I would get tired of catching them after 30 minutes! When they're in there, this is (or was) the best carp fishing spot on the planet! I'm not kidding. Oh, I never saw another fisherman in there either, so I guess nobody knew about this. :wink:

Posted Image

#11 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:35 PM

Well it's been a few years since I lived in Mississauga, but here's a sick spot for carp... at least it was when I lived there. I don't know if they were spawning or what, but you could literally walk across the creek on the backs of carp... And they definitely weren't lock-jawed! Throw any old hook with a few kernels of corn and they would fight eachother for it. Fish on each and every time you threw your line in within 2 seconds flat. I would get tired of catching them after 30 minutes! When they're in there, this is (or was) the best carp fishing spot on the planet! I'm not kidding. Oh, I never saw another fisherman in there either, so I guess nobody knew about this. :wink:

Posted Image

In that case... how about...

http://hires.basspro...m=1.0,1.0,0.0,0

#12 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:43 PM

I took this picture of a carp that came out of Bluffers Park. I have seen some bigger ones but I didn't have a camera at the time.

Posted Image

hey buddy
is the place ur standing next to boat launch area or infront of yatch club.

#13 sharper

sharper

Sunfish

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

Just started recently targeting carp as another species of fish I catch. I got to say they put up a hell of a fight.

#14 Tr3vWh0r3

Tr3vWh0r3

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

hey buddy
is the place ur standing next to boat launch area or infront of yatch club.

That is the boat launch area, over by where the docks are on the right side.