my internet... got cut-off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:33 PM

Sorry for the in-activity :D been catching up on emails these past few days, you guys probably noticed I was MIA for about a week or two !! Well rogers happened to suspend service to my account a week & a half ago without even telling me !!

I noticed my connection just died out in the middle of that Saturday morning while browsing some sites. Called rogers, they basically told me that I may have downloaded a denial of service virus that could attack their network.. lol. In his words "commonly downloaded from file sharing programs". And so the guy left it at that, and told me that I may have to scan or reformat my computer before they could reactivate my suspended account. My response to him was "so you're basically suspending my account on the hunch that I downloaded a virus & at the same time punishing me for downloading mp3s !?!? can't you guys just check what's on my computer ?" He got into a whole shpeil about how I have privacy rights and they could only see the data going into my network. I started laughing when he said that "privacy rights ?!? you guys were monitoring the files that I downloaded, and you're trying to tell me about privacy rights ?" lolz, he then went out about how I may have to scan my comp for the viruses & that I may have to reformat my computer.. I was in a good mood that day so I just hung up and did a virus scan with AVG, it found nothing.. My mom also happens to use a laptop on my network, now she's outta internet too. Told her I would get it fixed.

Called them the next day, this time around when I told them that I did a full scan with AVG, their tech support guy basically said to me, well you have to reformat your computer now before I reactivate your account.. wtf !!

Another few days went by, and now its been a week with a suspend account.. and I really need to get my internet back. Called them back & told them I disconnected the computer from my network and that I REALLY need to check my emails & place a few orders.. Otherwise I'll just go with Bell. Well whatya know, they reactivated it.

Morale of the story is, becareful downloading ANY mp3s off of kazaa or limewire, otherwise you might have the same happened to you. I even told them, I bet you hundreds of my friends download mp3s on a daily basis, and not one has had this happen to them, and his response was like, well we are monitoring are networks 24/7", "I don't mind that, I just don't like the fact that you want people downloading mp3s on Rogers, I wonder if you would still be in business if people even knew . And I also mentioned to the guy, "To think I was actually contemplating upgrading to Rogers Ultra high-speed, for specfically downloading mp3s/files & gaming." LOL !!

#2 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

Snypa,

Don't bother with Rogers, Bell , etc,... all these big companies are good for nothing

Rather check this company out: http://www.teksavvy.com/ ,

they are reliable and much cheaper then these guys above. I have been using them for over 2 years now, never had a problem with them, God knows I download all bunch of stuff.

The only thing with them, they do not supply modem - you have to get it yourself - which is not a problem - you can find it downtown Toronto for $50 - $60 .

#3 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

Hey thanks for the link !!

#4 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:34 PM