New to forum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ontariocarper_*

Guest_ontariocarper_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

Hello all, my name is Daniel, avid fisherman. I fish about 180-200 days a year. I fish bass, pike, panfish and would like to learn more about walleye and musky fishing. My main fish of choice is Carp (euro style), I founded Ontario Carp Hunters, the web site will be up and running soon.

I was a long time member at another forum, some of you might remember me. I could not read all the grief they gave eachother. If you said something wrong they don't correct you, the beat you down.

Well, hopefully I will have a better time here.

Thank you,

Daniel

OCH

#2 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:03 AM

Welcome and enjoy it here!
The admin and moderator team are top notch people!

have always wanted to get into carp, but spend too much time targetting other species!

#3 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:22 AM

Welcome to Ontario Fishing Forums !

Hope you'll share a lot of good informations about carp fishing with us :D

#4 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:48 AM

Hi Daniel, Thanks for joining us!

I agree with you about that other forum. (if it's the one I'm thinking about)

I can assure you that we are a very friendly group here, so feel free to join in on all of the discussions and just enjoy yourself here. NO BEAT DOWNS :D

Getting beat down on a fishing forum is just plain wrong. :D Here, we're about sharing fishing INFO, nothing less, nothing more. I had a similar experience over there (the other forum) and I will not allow that environment to happen here. :D

It sounds like you fish A LOT! That's great. I hope that you become a contributing member here over time. BTW, I used to do some carp fishing myself back when I lived in Mississauga... Great fighting fish.

Cheers.

#5 Guest_ontariocarper_*

Guest_ontariocarper_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:06 PM

Well thank you all for the kind words. I can already tell that this forum is top notch. It seem like a nicer atmosphere.

Well, thank you again,
Daniel
OCH

#6 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

Welcome aboard ! :D I'm sure your carp expertise will come in handy here.