• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ght

ght

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

bass pro shops has competition brands and then they have house brands. Meaning they have yamamoto senkos and then the bps stuff. Yamamotos are like 10 bucks and the bps is 5 bucks which will most customers go for the bps not knowing that yamamotos is totally different. you go somehwere else that has yamamotos and no house brand and youll see that the yamamoto senkos are 7.50. overall everytihg that is in compition against bps the overprice a little to make there brand look better.

its like going to shoppers drug mart, they have the life brand and then they have the competition. Just something to think about

#22 sharper

sharper

Sunfish

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

So I just drop by fishing depot for the first time and wow that store is a mess. Apparently they were getting ready for a show in Ottawa but still, it was impossible to navigate the store a lot of the aisle were blocked or stuff strewn all over the floor. Nothing caught my eye and the prices are a lot higher be a small store and all.

#23 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

So I just drop by fishing depot for the first time and wow that store is a mess. Apparently they were getting ready for a show in Ottawa but still, it was impossible to navigate the store a lot of the aisle were blocked or stuff strewn all over the floor. Nothing caught my eye and the prices are a lot higher be a small store and all.

First of all... No! they are almost always that messy. Too small of a store for amount of stuff they want to carry.
yes, price is little higher than most places.
Owners are Very helpful.
A lot of musky stuff there, eh ?

#24 esoxseeker

esoxseeker

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

I can't make it down to BPS all that often, same goes for the other places. I do all my buying online, so I check out the websites of all of them, find my best deal, and order from there. Only thing I don't order are rods and reels, just one of those things where you have to feel it in your hands to know for sure.

#25 sharper

sharper

Sunfish

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:59 PM

First of all... No! they are almost always that messy. Too small of a store for amount of stuff they want to carry.
yes, price is little higher than most places.
Owners are Very helpful.
A lot of musky stuff there, eh ?

Ya the owners are pretty chilling, are they brothers? I assume the store is always mess, but I overheard them telling another customer about the show. Ya lots of musky stuff if only I can maybe walk in that area without tripping over something.

#26 ght

ght

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

its pretty messy but the bottom line is for most things they are cheaper thenm bps. compare rod prices , reel pirces and even lure prices. i dont think its that messy with uot shows in there schedual but hey you guys shop where you want.

#27 pogon02

pogon02

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

The guys at Lebaron are REAL pros too.
They will show you the best methods & products you are looking for..regardless of price & or manufacturer.If there is a real on sale that is a better deal than the "shimano", they are not afraid to tell you! the will not try and OVER SELL you something you dont really need.

BPS does not do that for you!!
Also, BPS selection is larger because they stock 1/2 the store with thier own shiite!

The little guys will also order you anything you need...

2 more cents for the lil guy!

I don't know if it is just me but it seems our Canadian BPS gets the left overs from the US stores maybe I am wrong but it does seem like this sometimes. I am talking strictly rods and reels though...

#28 ght

ght

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

i wouldnt be surprised if that was true.