Photo

New members, Introduce yourselves here! Welcome Wagon Gifts!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
324 replies to this topic

#1 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

If you are new to the site, make your first post here and tell us a little about yourself, what you enjoy fishing for etc... Also, please be sure to mention how you found out about us.

After you have introduced yourself, shoot me a PM with your full mailing address and I'll send you an OFF welcome wagon gift!

Welcome to the site!

Cheers,

openfire

#2 Bvillefish2

Bvillefish2

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:19 PM

Hi, My name is Marc. I'm from Bowmanville Ontario. Just picked up the great hobbie of fishing a few years ago and really excited that this forum exsists. I'm into older and newer muscle cars and fishing. I mostly fish for trout, and bass but willing to learn to catch musky, and pike one day soon. I'm glad to here that ppl that are members of this site are nice and willing to help another angler out when they have questions. I'm sure I will be talking soon to whom ever is reading this message, so great meeting you all and looking forward to another great season of fishing!

Cheers!
Marc

#3 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

Hi Mark, welcome to OFF!

If you live in Bowmanville, you should fish Bowmanville creek for Steelhead right now.

Anyway, enjoy your stay here.

PM me with your mailing address for a free gift!

(only one per IP address)

Cheers!

#4 Bvillefish

Bvillefish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

Hey my name is Jeff, friends with Marc^^ (can you tell by the name :mrgreen: ) same deal, I went fishing when i was younger with my dad a few times, but kinda fell out of it for dirtbiking hobbie, which led into my VW hobbie (obsession). So i'm going to take up fishing again with Marc to try a new change in pace. Looks like alot of fun, the people on the site are awesome (i'm part of one of, if not the biggest forum "vwvortex" which has 100's of thousands of members, and 100's of millions of topics) so this is quite a change for me, (200 members). But looking forward to a good year of fishing/learning. Everyone seems like they are very helpful

Jeff

#5 Bvillefish2

Bvillefish2

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:34 PM

Too fish Bowmanville creek right now, can you only fish south of the CN tracks?

#6 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:04 PM

Too fish Bowmanville creek right now, can you only fish south of the CN tracks?

Yup.

Your gift is on it's way!

#7 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

Hey my name is Jeff, friends with Marc^^ (can you tell by the name :D ) same deal, I went fishing when i was younger with my dad a few times, but kinda fell out of it for dirtbiking hobbie, which led into my VW hobbie (obsession). So i'm going to take up fishing again with Marc to try a new change in pace. Looks like alot of fun, the people on the site are awesome (i'm part of one of, if not the biggest forum "vwvortex" which has 100's of thousands of members, and 100's of millions of topics) so this is quite a change for me, (200 members). But looking forward to a good year of fishing/learning. Everyone seems like they are very helpful

Jeff

Hi Jeff, welcome to Ontario Fishing Forums!

That other forum is huge! We hope to get bigger ourselves, but I don't think we could ever approach those kinds of numbers. :mrgreen:

I've sent a gift to your buddy. Since you guys are sharing the same computer, I can only send one gift... I guess you guys can either share the gift or flip a coin to see who gets it! :D

Cheers!

#8 Bvillefish

Bvillefish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

we're not sharing a computer, i'm at work :mrgreen: oh wait, i registered at his house.... ugh. ok

#9 Bvillefish

Bvillefish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

That other forum is huge! We hope to get bigger ourselves, but I don't think we could ever approach those kinds of numbers. :mrgreen:

haha, you never know....

from the other forum: 383201 users, 3566765 threads, 43374804 posts.

#10 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

If you are new to the site, make your first post here and tell us a little about yourself, what you enjoy fishing for etc...

After you have introduced yourself, shoot me a PM with your full mailing address and I'll send you an OFF welcome wagon gift!

Welcome to the site!

Cheers,

openfire

Hey openfire.am i eligible for welcoming gift.i am also new to forumn.let me know.thx

#11 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

If you are new to the site, make your first post here and tell us a little about yourself, what you enjoy fishing for etc...

Welcome to the site!

Cheers,

openfire

Hey openfire.am i eligible for welcoming gift.i am also new to forumn.let me know.thx

Sure. I will add it in with your new fishing reel. :D

#12 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

Welcome to the site!

Cheers,

openfire

Sure. I will add it in with your new fishing reel. :D

thank you

#13 esoxseeker

esoxseeker

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

Hey guys, my name is Steve, from Orillia, and love the water. Got fantastic fishing in Couchiching, and Simcoe around the corner and through the Narrows. My favorite fish is the Pike, and tied right with it is the Muskie, although I am 0 for 6 when it comes to hookup to boating ratio for Muskie. Always hoping to learn, and if there's something I can help a fellow angler out with, I will. Hope the season treats everyone well, tight lines are the best lines!!

#14 Bvillefish2

Bvillefish2

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:33 PM

Hey Steve,
I like that saying, Tight lines are the best lines! That's so ture.

#15 Snypa

Snypa

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:22 PM

Welcome aboard guys !! And thanks for the intros, it really does help us get an idea of who our newest members are & where they're from, plus you can't go wrong with winning a prize at the sametime ! Also be sure to try to get the word out (to fishing buddies) about this amazing site we have here, there's plenty of prizes still to be won :D

#16 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

Hey guys, my name is Steve, from Orillia, and love the water. Got fantastic fishing in Couchiching, and Simcoe around the corner and through the Narrows. My favorite fish is the Pike, and tied right with it is the Muskie, although I am 0 for 6 when it comes to hookup to boating ratio for Muskie. Always hoping to learn, and if there's something I can help a fellow angler out with, I will. Hope the season treats everyone well, tight lines are the best lines!!

Hi esoxseeker, welcome aboard!

I haven't been to Couchiching since I was a kid. Fond memories though!

PM me your mailing address so I can get your welcome gift out to you.

Cheers!

#17 spranga

spranga

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:44 PM

Hey guy's . I'm new to the board and have a few years of fishing experince. I live in scarborough, and like to fish alot of the kawarthars. So hope to give yall a good report soon.

#18 chibi

chibi

Sunfish

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm Christine, frozenfire's (Anthony's) girlfriend. I'm 23 and will be graduating from the University of Toronto this summer. If there's two things about us that we have in common, it's a passion for pet keeping and the outdoors. Anthony introduced me to the world of fishing four years ago, shortly after we got together. At first, I wasn't quite sure how much I would like the sport but the more trips I went on, the more I enjoyed it. Of course dating someone who fishes at any opportunity he gets means that I get to go often as well :D. My favourite types of fish to catch are crappies, but it's also what I'm used to. This year I'm quite excited for Pike. I still have a lot to learn and so far, it's been quite the enjoyment!

#19 the_skdster

the_skdster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:10 PM

Brought to you by the wonder of copy 'n paste! I'm just too tired from a somewhat easy days work. :D
Gonna hit the shower. Too personal? Maybe. Relative to this post? Somewhat. Made you read so far? I sure did. Now read on! :D

My apologies if I have posted in the wrong sub-forum. :D

Hi guys!
No one in the family except my uncle casts a line. He lives so far away that I never get to see him much.
I've only ever gone fishing twice in my life so far. Both times with my uncle.
No one else cares to fish so time dragged on... :D

Now things are about to change!
I've finally gotten my own car and the world is finally my oyster! Oh, sweet FREEDOM!

*ahem* back on topic.
So now that I can fish all I want most whenever I want I started looking up the different ways to fish, reels, rods, etc.
darn, there is a lot I need to learn, even some of the basics seem daunting!
I was looking for a few local ponds in the GTA to fish at when I stumbled upon a site and say a post that linked me here.
It was meant to be I tell you! A sign from above! (or some place far,far away :D )

So what I want to say is hello! I hope to be well part of this rich GTA community board and promise to make my posts as lively as I can! :D

**Just got my conservation fishing license a few days ago. :D
*** Has no gear except an awful spinning reel, some 100yards of 8lb line, a few bobbers, hooks that look too big and some YUM walleye grub (bought it in the excitement of finally being able to fish on my own, lol. I know...)
****Looking to buy a decent combo for a beginner. Looking to spend $40-60. Will spend more as I get more knowing of the hobby.

#20 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

Hey guy's . I'm new to the board and have a few years of fishing experince. I live in scarborough, and like to fish alot of the kawarthars. So hope to give yall a good report soon.

Hey Spranga, welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here!

We have a few other members from Scarborough, some from other areas that fish in Scarborough as well. You can get Browns this time of year at the bluffs from what I understand. My GF's parents have a cottage on Rice L, so I can understand first hand why you like fishing the Kawarthas.

Anyway, glad to have you and I look forward to your report!

PM me your mailing addy for the welcome wagon gift!

Cheers!