• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 the_skdster

the_skdster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

Jeff, Maybe if we use shrink tube around the paper clip so we don't scratch the rod? I think I have some in the garage...

Thats an idea! :shock:

#22 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:45 AM

If someone actually build one yourself and in fact it does work. Please post a close up picture of it as I would like to see it.

#23 tery

tery

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:51 AM

basically
Posted Image

Looking forward to try it soon.

#24 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

here are mine two.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 the_skdster

the_skdster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

Nice. :wink:
Looks like the real thing too. :wink:

#26 ght

ght

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

that is sweet why buy it now lol. what kind of tubing is that u put on your paper clip?

#27 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:10 AM

I just seen this on TV on Chan 426.

What is the science behind this? I don't really get it.

So anywaya... once you hook a fish you need to manually take the line off the thingy ??

#28 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:21 PM

has anyone experimented their home made one on water? i just made one and tried on land and it does feel a little bit different. but isnt the easiest way without even making or buying one is to use your own hand? in that case you dont have to set it up or release on hookset because your hand will automatically be moved to holding the base of your rod again. just a thought, but will still try this out and see if it really does what it does hopefully this weekend.

#29 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

If you wanted to be cheap about it, you could hold the line up close with one finger while reeling and it would have the same affect. I'm gonna have to try and see if that works?

#30 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:21 AM

i officially can say that product works. but i wasnt able to catch fish on it. i caught all my fish last night WITHOUT that dancer and did it the traditional way. i will experiment a couple more times, but im ready to say that::::::::::
Fishing Skills > Products that "give" fishing skills

MANUAL DEXTERITY FTW :(

#31 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:13 AM

If you wanted to be cheap about it, you could hold the line up close with one finger while reeling and it would have the same affect. I'm gonna have to try and see if that works?

I always twitch/jig my rod to give the lure a wounded/eratic movement anyway. not sure how much difference this would make. Will try holding the line to see if it makes a difference....