• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 pogon02

pogon02

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:52 PM

Those Pictures make me want to go and fish that lake looks awesome!!!

#22 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

Those Pictures make me want to go and fish that lake looks awesome!!!

ANyone interested in seeing more pics of that lake PM me and I'll send you the photobucket link.

Thanks

#23 bahk7

bahk7

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

OH man, i so want to fish there. How long is the drive from toronto? and what is the fastest route to get there?

#24 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

awesome pics... looks very promising.
I'm going to have to go ahead and say rice lake for bass. It is indeed a bass factory. I went for the first ime last year on boat and couldn't believe all teh bass we were catching, especially for first time out on a boat for bass.

#25 the_skdster

the_skdster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

OH man, i so want to fish there. How long is the drive from toronto? and what is the fastest route to get there?

flippin' 2hours away drive from Brampton.
2h30mins from TO methinks.
darn!

#26 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

flippin' 2hours away drive from Brampton.
2h30mins from TO methinks.
darn!

Its not 2 hours from brampton 1.5hrs max and thats @80kph. If you drive faster you'll get there sooner;)

#27 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:46 PM

THANKS YAWN, THANKS Bigfisherman FOR THIS INFO AND PHOTOS!!!

Great photos, and great info indeed! Just a quick question, it seems that people who went fishing there - were fishing from the boat. How about fishing from shore. Is it any good, is it worthwhile driving there just to fish from shore? If yes, any good spots to recommend - input would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

#28 kennyhman

kennyhman

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:21 AM

Loughborough Lake hands down :( . Best lake I've ever fished on, cleanest lake I've seen as well. For a second there I thought the images of Lake Eugenia were of Loughborough :?:. Abundant numbers in SM/LM bass (averaging 4-5 pounds) and some pike. The biggest LM I ever caught was on this lake, weighing in at about 7-8lb! The pan fish there are so clean, beautiful, and fat! Especially the pumpkin seeds and crappie, they're HUGE!

I've been going up there every weekend during the summer for the past 4 years, and I've never been disappointed once. There are always new fishing spots to be discovered because the lake is quite big. It's too bad I lost all the photos of the fish we caught (stupid HD corruption). I'll try to ask my friends if they have any images on their camera phones and post them up. Hopefully, I'll see some of you guys there this summer and see for yourselves :D.

#29 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:37 AM

Loughborough Lake hands down :( . Best lake I've ever fished on, cleanest lake I've seen as well. For a second there I thought the images of Lake Eugenia were of Loughborough :?:. Abundant numbers in SM/LM bass (averaging 4-5 pounds) and some pike. The biggest LM I ever caught was on this lake, weighing in at about 7-8lb! The pan fish there are so clean, beautiful, and fat! Especially the pumpkin seeds and crappie, they're HUGE!

I've been going up there every weekend during the summer for the past 4 years, and I've never been disappointed once. There are always new fishing spots to be discovered because the lake is quite big. It's too bad I lost all the photos of the fish we caught (stupid HD corruption). I'll try to ask my friends if they have any images on their camera phones and post them up. Hopefully, I'll see some of you guys there this summer and see for yourselves :D.

Where about is this Loughborough Lake ? Thanks

#30 kennyhman

kennyhman

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:45 AM

Its up in Kingston, Ontario.
Take 401, exit at 619, then follow the signs =).

#31 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

Take 401, exit at 619, then follow the signs =).

Thanks, I hope to go there this summer.

#32 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:54 AM

Where about is this Loughborough Lake ? Thanks[/quote]

Take 401, exit at 619, then follow the signs =).[/quote]

Dam it might be too far for me approx 312kms one way:(

#33 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

[quote name="Bigfisherman"]Where about is this Loughborough Lake ? Thanks[/quote]

Dam it might be too far for me approx 312kms one way:([/quote]

Yeah, It is kinda far for me too , so if I go there it better be darn good fishing :?:

#34 longsilver

longsilver

Sunfish

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

Sweet, my uncle and aunt live next to it in battersea!

Road trip!

#35 kennyhman

kennyhman

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:09 PM

[quote name="halleb"][quote name="Bigfisherman"]Where about is this Loughborough Lake ? Thanks[/quote]

Dam it might be too far for me approx 312kms one way:([/quote]

Yeah, It is kinda far for me too , so if I go there it better be darn good fishing :([/quote]

Trust me, you will not be disappointed :D.
If you are going to go up there this summer, I suggest you plan a camping trip. This would allow you more time to fish the lake, as well as try the other lake (Rideau) around the campsites.

[quote name="longsilver"]Sweet, my uncle and aunt live next to it in battersea!

Road trip![/quote]

haha, thats awesome man. My aunt and uncle also lives near the area, so I would usually stay there for a couple days during the summer, maximizing the time to fish! :?:

#36 flash_kid

flash_kid

Sunfish

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

I've had very good luck on the Trent river just in between Hastings and Campbellford. Right beside Lake Seymour.

Lots of rock bass and sunfish too.

#37 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

I've had very good luck on the Trent river just in between Hastings and Campbellford. Right beside Lake Seymour.

thx for the pic.

#38 flash_kid

flash_kid

Sunfish

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

no prob!

and this fish was released after this picture :twisted: .

#39 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

It would be very nice if you could give us more precise location, for instance, how about a Google map of the spot that you were fishing at - that would be very much appreciated!

#40 McLean

McLean

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:11 PM

Some of the best bass fishing I have had is on Lake Erie, the Smallies their are huge. I used everything frrom tubes to spoons, my friend who owned the boat had a good fishfinder and we marked a tons of schools sitting on ledges 3-40ft deep that were easily 20+ fish. You really could move anything in front of them and they would hit it but hang on to your line. If someone has access to a boat i would definatley suggest rying this out this year, well worth it if you like small mouth and when it gets dusk, hit the shallows for some ballet with topwater, they fly out of the water. nothing like the ballet of a fish.
Chris