• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 JRego7

JRego7

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

Those are some big cats you got there. Biggest I caught I would say was 1.5lbs in cambridge lol. I heard that those are sweet. Are they good eating? I have no idea.

#22 niagarasteelheader

niagarasteelheader

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:20 AM

the lower grand holds plenty of cats all spring long that can get up to 20 lbs +. leader should be at least a 20 lb, no floro neccesary as the water is always stained.

#23 Johnny Hollywood

Johnny Hollywood

Sunfish

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Awesome report Uglyfish! the Dunnville cat's Know how to show you a good time.

I've been fishing Dunnville/Port Maitland for the last 3 years and have had a great time. I'm using a 9' Ugly stick 20lb braided line with 40lb Fluorocarbon leader line 4/O Octopusus hooks . I use a slip rig when rocking mud puppies.

Note: Fluorocarbon
Hell I know in the Catfish game fluorocarbon is expensive and a true cat fisherman uses Mono for there leader line. But I say make your wife buy you a few feet of it for Christmas I did ;) LOL.

Attached Images

• 2012-05-31 23.05.29.jpg
  • 2012-05-31 23.08.35.jpg

#24 hammercarp

hammercarp

Perch

• Active Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

I have a question. It looks like you eat some of your catch. Do you notice a difference in taste between the cats that come up from lake Erie and cats that stay in the Grand?

#25 Johnny Hollywood

Johnny Hollywood

Sunfish

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I have a question. It looks like you eat some of your catch. Do you notice a difference in taste between the cats that come up from lake Erie and cats that stay in the Grand?

Well I have myself not noticed a big difference in taste whether the fish are caught in lake Erie or the Grand. But environment could play a factor in the taste of your catch. I think the Cats caught in lake Erie tent to be a little larger on average then the Cats that stay in the Grand at least in my experience. But I eat'um up pretty quick taste great!