• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:57 PM

TodAy I woke up at 5am and started fishing slightly before 7am, wonderful day and have I known it was not going to rain as they said I would of stay out longer. I fished the credit in some secluded areas where no one else was around didn't get any hits(last year I got a nice brown trout). on the way back I stopped at a pond that suppose to have trout but to my surprise ended up catching a huge bass on a mepps #1 lure I guess that vanish line really works! Of course I promptly released it without touching it or taking out of the water.

Having waders(first time using waders usually just do boots) and being in the water while fishing makes catch & release much easier.

I wanted to do the pine river & boyne but didn't feel like driving too far up north on my own.

Anyone else have a fairly good day?

#2 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:26 AM

My opener was spent at the ACC watching the Raptors lose. :D

#3 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:55 PM

I was sentenced to doing things around the house, so my chance is still yet to come and I'm going to try the credit like yourself.

#4 Djcake

Djcake

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:00 AM

I didn't get out till late on Sat. after 1pm I went and checked out a few spots on the Notty from 89 to just north of angus and no one was catching anything so I went back down to the boyne and found a nice hole (west or Earl Rowe) holding lots of fish.
I fished it for a few hours and had got 1 on but lost it after a few mins of fighting. 1 other guy landed a nice one 3-4lbs

#5 kennyhman

kennyhman

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:12 AM

never had a chance to go.. stupid exams >.<

#6 HyperFox

HyperFox

Sunfish

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:42 AM

Went out and tried, "Little Trout Lake"... Skunked. Guess they were too little. We moved on and tried Lemke Lake with the same result. I think the waters up here are too cold and they aren't in the mood to play.. :D