• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:21 AM

If most people realized that it took that long for a bass to grow that Large, I think most would want to let it go.

Go Bass Season Go! :(

#22 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:00 AM

If most people realized that it took that long for a bass to grow that Large, I think most would want to let it go.

Go Bass Season Go! :(

Yeah most people = sports fishermen
not those most who like to keep everything. Oh look~ pinkie size perch~ awesome bite size! let's fry'em!

#23 TheHardwareTec

TheHardwareTec

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:36 AM

It's almost here.....I will be going out on Erie from Port Rowan on a friends boat for the day. Tackel box ready, pole all set up, ready to go!!!

#24 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:03 PM

10hrs left...............

#25 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:31 PM

sad thing is that it looks like where i wanted to go is going to have a thunderstorm by the morning. darn ! hopefully fix in some walleye fishing before the opener and then move onto bass after 12am or else it looks like opening weekend is stay home for me

#26 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

sad thing is that it looks like where i wanted to go is going to have a thunderstorm by the morning. darn ! hopefully fix in some walleye fishing before the opener and then move onto bass after 12am or else it looks like opening weekend is stay home for me

I'll wait till the last minute to decide , they have been wrong about the weather many times before.....

#27 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

Yes. It Does Take Very Long In Canada compare to south~ like Florida.

I remember watching one of the 'The Real Fishing Show' with Bob Izumi and he said something about taking almost twice as long to grow to same size here in Canada compare to bass from weather that is all season warm.

So please release all largie you catch and instead take bunch of panfish.

Found this info about bass growth.....

Size

The Kawarthas and other southern Ontario lakes seem to have much faster growth rates than bass in the northern part of our province. In Tri Lakes of the Kawarthas for instance I have the following stats for you: These are from a 3year study(1999-2002) conducted by MNR, the Kawartha Fisheries Association and several tournament associations.
- 4 year old bass seems to be between 324-355 mm,
- 5 year old bass will be 329-342 mm
- 6 year old is 365-393mm
- 7 year old is 398-718*mm,(either a very fast growing individual or error)
- 8 year old is 405-423mm
-9 year old is 400-447mm
-10 year old is 415-456mm
-11 year old is 457-470mm
One bass was 17 years of age and was 485mm

A couple 14 year olds were 528 cm generally, females are larger and will have accelerated growth compared to males

#28 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

Yes. It Does Take Very Long In Canada compare to south~ like Florida.

I remember watching one of the 'The Real Fishing Show' with Bob Izumi and he said something about taking almost twice as long to grow to same size here in Canada compare to bass from weather that is all season warm.

So please release all largie you catch and instead take bunch of panfish.

got this info about bass growth.....

Size

The Kawarthas and other southern Ontario lakes seem to have much faster growth rates than bass in the northern part of our province. In Tri Lakes of the Kawarthas for instance I have the following stats for you: These are from a 3year study(1999-2002) conducted by MNR, the Kawartha Fisheries Association and several tournament associations.
- 4 year old bass seems to be between 324-355 mm,
- 5 year old bass will be 329-342 mm
- 6 year old is 365-393mm
- 7 year old is 398-718*mm,(either a very fast growing individual or error)
- 8 year old is 405-423mm
-9 year old is 400-447mm
-10 year old is 415-456mm
-11 year old is 457-470mm
One bass was 17 years of age and was 485mm

A couple 14 year olds were 528 cm generally, females are larger and will have accelerated growth compared to males

thx for the info.it was help full.

#29 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:14 PM

I am thinking heading Rice Lake on Sunday.Can some1 tell me which point should i go.Also i will be launching my boat also there.thx

#30 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

I am thinking heading Rice Lake on Sunday.Can some1 tell me which point should i go.Also i will be launching my boat also there.thx

You should go to this point -------->

#31 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:44 PM

Because of the weather a lot of people will likely hold off until sunday or monday or even tuesday (long weekend).

Therefore who ever does go out regardless of the weather should be rewarded.
Plus... if you wait those basses will have been pressured a lot from day before and it may suck even more.

So just F'it and go out.

#32 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

Woke up @ 2am, no rain....Woke up @ 4am rain, checked weather, radar not good, woke up at 5am still raining radar showed serious cloud cover went back to bed:(

now stuck watching WFN..........

#33 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

Woke up @ 2am, no rain....Woke up @ 4am rain, checked weather, radar not good, woke up at 5am still raining radar showed serious cloud cover went back to bed:(

now stuck watching WFN..........

Haha, I got up at 5:00am as well looked out on the back deck, raining and lightning...went back to bed.

#34 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:38 PM

The weather should be charged with cruel and unusual punishment for having us wait another day so we can go bass fishing. I am up north and it has rained on and off all day. I gotta get my fix!

#35 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:43 AM

i bet the water is all muddy? murky with debris after this rain and such and crappy weather we been having and will be having more~

darn it .

than again i do enjoy this type of weathers too. just not when fishign.

#36 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

Finally got some bass in the livewell yesterday;)

Posted Image

Bass was released just wanted to test out the livewell...

#37 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

i bet the water is all muddy? murky with debris after this rain and such and crappy weather we been having and will be having more~

darn it .

than again i do enjoy this type of weathers too. just not when fishign.

I was up north Sunday and it really came down and it definitely had an affect on the water clarity.