• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 antoniojay

antoniojay

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

The shoreline to the left of the rec center is a popular spot. I see lots of people fish there, and have even taken a few kids to catch small panfish. A few years ago they stocked rainbows in it, and I've seen some nice 13"-14" come out occasionally. It's a favorite bike path for my wife and I, but we haven't been there yet this year. Yesterday, I took a couple of kids up to Heart Lake and we caught some small panfish, but I did see a few nice rainbows come out, again about 14". Another small pond fun for kids in the city of Brampton is Loafer's Lake.

Loafers lake is on my bike trail, I've never seen anyone fishing there. I've never even seen fish in the lake to be honest, though the city claims it holds pike and largemouth bass. The creek leading into it usually has small suckers and chubs, but recently there's been something odd going on, alot of the chubs from the creek are dying off quickly.

Last I heard was that the bows from professors were all gone, but there are a few rogue pike, you see them lots in mid spring around the back of the lake.

#22 Joel52

Joel52

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

I was at Loafer's in May with some kids and we caught sunfish and rock bass. Didn't see any pike or largemouth.

#23 antoniojay

antoniojay

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

I was at Loafer's in May with some kids and we caught sunfish and rock bass. Didn't see any pike or largemouth.

Well thats good to know, I thought it was much too polluted for anything to actually survive in haha,

I'm not too sure about pike and largies though, again, thats what the city of brampton says.

#24 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

I went there this morning and my dad and I caught 3 fish together. 1 sunfish, 1 rock bass and a largemouth bass.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#25 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

Looks like a baby largemouth. I caught one yesterday aswell.

#26 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

Looks like a baby largemouth. I caught one yesterday aswell.

At professor's lake? It looks like a largemouth indeed(never thought of a bass because of the small size)

#27 D-Wrek

D-Wrek

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:03 AM

there are monster LM in proffessors. im guessing 4 pounders probably more. They are hard to catch though, threw everything at them one day when i had 4 of them swimming circles in front of me...taunting me!! Managed to hook one of the larger ones with a double tail twister jig, but one big jump and headshake threw the hook off when i had it about 10feet from shore...darn it...This was a week ago. Just yesterday i pulled a chubby 2pounder out. They are there, they are just a bit finicky.

#28 Joel52

Joel52

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

A couple of years ago they stocked it with rainbows. I've seen a few 14" pulled out, but none this year. Anyone seen trout come out of Professor's this year?

#29 lleets

lleets

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:09 AM

I have lived at professors lake most of my life and have caught LM with hula poppers in the morning, and managed to hook a big one with a senko in the late evening last year. Didn't land it though, thing was too angry to leave the water and faught even harder as I was about to grab it. There are big LM and big carp in the lake, and heard of guys landing pike, but their just to picky. Good luck... I mean, just stay away from my lake lol!

#30 Toasty!

Toasty!

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

I went to loafers lake a few days ago and I can confirm that Largemouth bass are in there...seen a few small ones swimming around.

#31 worldslaziestninja

worldslaziestninja

Sunfish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

caught a mit full of crappie in there a month ago. Went a week ago and nothing. When I caught the crappie I seen 2 huge lm bass swim right by me. The water is super clear these lm were easily over 4 lbs each. They also have carp, I hear they have pike too but never seen one myself. Might bring the hip waiters next time and try the opposite side of the rec center. Nice weedy flat I wouldn't mind trecking out on and see what happens.

#32 m_van

m_van

Sunfish

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

LM and sunfish, blue gill in Professor's lake as well as crappies I'd say about after 8 pm (Aug. 2011) when dusk and use crappies lures that float. For LM I used spinners with bright skirts. Success many time there. Good luck and happy fishing.
Btw. Do not forget to throw them back after the pictures

#33 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Got a largemouth bass a few feet from shore today and it jumped and got off the hook.
Largemouth bass really love to jump.
I think it was around 2 pounds. It was hooked on a 4" YUM Dinger.

#34 Klamp

Klamp

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Got a largemouth bass a few feet from shore today and it jumped and got off the hook.
Largemouth bass really love to jump.
I think it was around 2 pounds. It was hooked on a 4" YUM Dinger.

I'll give that a try. Taking kids tomorrow, they get bummed if there's no action. How was the water after the rainfall?

#35 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'll give that a try. Taking kids tomorrow, they get bummed if there's no action. How was the water after the rainfall?

Water was clear. If there's no action at professor's lake you can try somewhere nearby like Norton Place Park or Major Oaks.
I'm looking forward to your results.

#36 tazrock069

tazrock069

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Back a few years ago we saw some goldfish, carp and there have been sightings of an unwanted pet piranha as some idiot released him into the lake. Not sure if he's still around or if he became pike bait. Hope this helps. ;)

#37 nato

nato

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

I went to professors lake on the weekend... didnt catch anything.. I am guessing the fish were in the deeper waters... asked around and no one got anything that day. I thought it was a free lake but the rec center were pretty strict on everything.

There was a policeman there because couple of guys launched their own kayaks.

I also went to Norton Place Park to scout it out but did not fish there... i saw a guy fishing for carp with the whole set up. let me tell you what.. Norton place park has fish.. but WOW the water is COVERED with canadian geese dung. its just floating everywhere! especially near the shallow areas... its ruined by geese crap. im almost scared to walk anywhere.. i wish i took a picture.. it looked like if someone had cheerios in a bowl of milk for way too long... it puffs up.

anyone with other experiences?

#38 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

I grew up fishing this lake.

This lake has some BIG bass in it. I was down there last year just to take a look at the old stomping ground and I could see quite a few monster bass cruising around. No fishermen in sight.

#39 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

I went to professors lake on the weekend... didnt catch anything.. I am guessing the fish were in the deeper waters... asked around and no one got anything that day. I thought it was a free lake but the rec center were pretty strict on everything.

There was a policeman there because couple of guys launched their own kayaks.

I also went to Norton Place Park to scout it out but did not fish there... i saw a guy fishing for carp with the whole set up. let me tell you what.. Norton place park has fish.. but WOW the water is COVERED with canadian geese dung. its just floating everywhere! especially near the shallow areas... its ruined by geese crap. im almost scared to walk anywhere.. i wish i took a picture.. it looked like if someone had cheerios in a bowl of milk for way too long... it puffs up.

anyone with other experiences?

yeah I got used to the geese and their feces at Norton Park, went their a few times this year. btw this thread is for Professor's Lake. You should check out
http://www.ontariofi...rk/#entry230946 or http://www.ontariofi...pton-pond-maps/

A family member of mine hooked a Largemouth bass at Professor's Lake here not too long ago, it was large. When I went here last year I caught panfish and a small largemouth bass as I far as I can remember. I think the fishing here is better earlier in the summer.

#40 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

I grew up fishing this lake.

This lake has some BIG bass in it. I was down there last year just to take a look at the old stomping ground and I could see quite a few monster bass cruising around. No fishermen in sight.

Oh are you originally from Brampton? Let me guess, you saw these bass before or after August? or maybe I'm just not having luck this month.