1 reply to this topic

#1 GB2pair

GB2pair

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Hi All

I wanted to know if anyone has fished any of the tribs lately? If so which tributary and what techniques were used. I've never fished any of these tribs before. Normally I have used roe bags and bounced the bottom, roe bags (with the floats within the bag) with a bell or pencil sinker or I've had some success with powerbait trout worms (bright pink or any high-vis colours especially with muddy waters). Small spinning lures and jigs can work as well, depending on the conditions. Small spinning lures are by far the best lure in warmer waters compared to spring water temperatures. These in-line spinning lures work best when the trout aren’t hungry or are lazy, in this way you can agitate a fish into biting the lure when they aren’t attacking natural baits. I find jigs tend to work best with a slow presentation, and in the colder months (march). Please let me know what the conditions are like, my noodle rod and I are looking for some rainbows.

Cheers,

#2 disspatcher

disspatcher

• Active Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:18 AM

Yo GB2pair..you are right on the money..bottom bouncing roe bags is a great way to spend the afternoon...as long as the float fisherman doesnt show up :P.they can be a real pain the bass :)
...the tribs will be full of salmon in 2-4 weeks , then the bows will move in for the feast!
If you are really hankering for some salmon action, in a week or 2 they will be staging outside the river mouths, chuck some spoons and hang on!
With all the rain we are getting it may just fool them for an early spawn, but who knows>?