• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

Guys let us know which creek/river u will be going when salmon will start running in.let us know.thx

#2 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:31 AM

the closet one to me is Highland creek.this is great creek with grt salmon run.but Duffins,Humber is more better .i will try this also.

#3 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:02 AM

all of them hehehe... :mrgreen:

#4 slimy

slimy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:19 AM

Duffins is in the best location for me if I do end up going.. I haven't fished the salmon run for a few years now..

I used to fish Oshawa creek too all the time a few years back, don't know how it is now tho.

#5 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

I will be trying The Humber...it`s close to me, can take the streetcar.

#6 esoxseeker

esoxseeker

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

I'm at the Coldwater River. Lots of nice fish in there.

#7 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

port credit for me,
but will try out others too,
heard the creek in newcastle is pretty good.

and will deff explore georgian bay, from collingwood to owen sound.

#8 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:16 PM

Guys i went to Bowmanville Creek & Oshawa creek to check out for salmon.Bownmanville has started getting good salmon run.Lots of salmon stageing by dam.Wait till next week and it will be awesome

Oshawa creek has very less right now.Only few were spotted.Hopefully by next week it will get better

I will give update when i go again this sat.Thank you

#9 YAWN

YAWN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

Humber river: Still nought doing.

Port Credit: Lots of people no one catching and it stinks so bad I would't want to spend much time there.

One person mentioned the water is still very warm not sure if thats true or not as I aint stickin my hand in that
%&$$ water over at port credit no way!

Might be decent fishing but between the smell and the ammount of people good luck!

#10 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:39 AM

Guys i went to Bowmanville Creek & Oshawa creek to check out for salmon.Bownmanville has started getting good salmon run.Lots of salmon stageing by dam.Wait till next week and it will be awesome

Oshawa creek has very less right now.Only few were spotted.Hopefully by next week it will get better

by dam? meaning them are somewhere upstream already?

#11 David Kearney

David Kearney

Perch

• Active Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

I was at the humber earlier in the week and there was one guy in the river at Old mill, and he had one salmon in hand...he saw 2 and caught 1 nothing else happening there, but water was very low so lets wait for some rain.

#12 catsgame

catsgame

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

how's the run in highland creek? i just walked the whole thing and the water was very low and crystal clear with not a fish in sight. when the rain comes will it get a good run?
how about steelhead either in the fall or the spring? does anybody know the regulations on this water? regs seem to say it is open year round...

#13 idesign

idesign

Perch

• Active Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

by dam? meaning them are somewhere upstream already?

yea we saw few salmon above dam.but there were lots & lots of salmon by dam.but you can fish there.but if you walk more downstream you will see them.
hope it helps
i am going there either 2morrow or sunday and i will give update.thx

#14 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

By the way... mouth of the bowmanville = absolutely disgusting! It literally smell like sewage.

#15 YAWN

YAWN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

Beaver river is worth a trip if anyone has wheels to get up there. Just W of collingwood.

Lots of big boys climbing the fish lader and some reports of Steel being caught too.

Didn't fish just traveling and stopped off to watch for a few.

#16 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

I was taking to a guy at Angling specialities today, and he said the salmon are running late this year. He said we need some cooler weather and some heavy rain before the Salmon really start running upstream.