• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 acidfish

acidfish

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

Hey everyone. I was wondering when this *BIG* salmon run is at Bronte Creek ?? I heard that there are so many salmon you can walk on them but i have been there twice this month and maybe saw 3 swimming around. Is the "RUN" over or is there still hope since the weather is cooling and we getting some rain this weekend ? Is it worth fishing in the rain or do salmon don't bit in rain. Is the best bait for catching them salmon eggs in the sacs and what color eggs. Do i just put the sacs on a hook and put a weight on the line and just wait till the salmon swim by and take it ? Big hooks or small hooks ? Any help is MUCH appreciated as i have never caught a salmon. Thanks and happy fishing :)

#2 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:02 PM

:) they are gone, but try for steelheads.
if you are new to salmon fishing just go one day for a walk, and look at other fishermen how and what they are using.

#3 toronto_angler

toronto_angler

Sunfish

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:23 PM

The big run this year actually happened in July because of the cold rainy weather but noone really knew about it. The usual big run that happens in September didn't really happen this year.

#4 JRego7

JRego7

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:40 PM

I was there about a week and half ago and I hooked into 4 massive ones. They all took off down stream so I was forced to snap my line. I didn't have my waders at the time.

#5 JRego7

JRego7

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

Went there yesterday caught 1 fat female. She was loaded with eggs. She pretty much filled up an entire Prego pasta jar. Nice sized eggs I got off there. I must have at least 60 film containers ful lol

#6 acidfish

acidfish

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:48 PM

Do people eat the salmon or do they just kill them for their eggs ? I see lots of them dead with their bellies open. What a waste but anyways i still didn't catch one yet.