• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 empshun

empshun

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

Anybody fish around Kitchener Waterloo? I've heard of a few spots and I fish this one spot on the Grand River almost every summer. I was going to intoduced myself on the introduction topic but couldn't find the posting box at the end of the topic. My name is Khanh and I'm from Kitchener, Ontario. I recently got back into fishing this past year in the summer time. I've been catching smallmouth bass on the Grand River near Kitchener,channel catfish,drums, whitefish near Cayuga, chinook salmon, rainbow trout in around Georgian Bay and brown trout near Niagara. I want to join someone or group to go fishing this year. I know quite a few good spots and am willing to share this info. I've done alot of research on all species of fish and can go catch any kind. I prefer spinning reel and would prefer to buddy up with people that uses the same thing.

#2 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

Hi Khanh, welcome to aboard!

Yes, there are some members here near your neck of the woods. There are a few nice reports in the SW Ontario reports section made by some of the members that you might be interested in. A few from the Grand also.

Are you fishing for anything at this time of year?

#3 empshun

empshun

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:06 AM

I went fishing for rainbow trout with a group of people at Port Hope just after the new years. Of the seven of us, 1 caught a rainbow trout and another caught a brown trout both using a float reel. I think the time was 10:30 am and 2 pm.I took a few pictures of the area and the trouts, once I know how to download the pictures,I can give a real report. I want to go ice fishing for Jumbo Perch but don't know anyone who knows where to fish for them.

#4 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

I went fishing for rainbow trout with a group of people at Port Hope just after the new years. Of the seven of us, 1 caught a rainbow trout and another caught a brown trout both using a float reel. I think the time was 10:30 am and 2 pm.I took a few pictures of the area and the trouts, once I know how to download the pictures,I can give a real report.

Great I look forward to redaing it. :lol:

I want to go ice fishing for Jumbo Perch but don't know anyone who knows where to fish for them.

Answer = Cook's Bay.

#5 empshun

empshun

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

I ran into someone that lived in around Long Point and they said that the ice around there is pretty thick now. He said that they have ice hut and augers there available for rent. He said to be careful out there because of whiteout condition. Jumbo perch and pickeral are the fishes to be caught here. Heading down there hopefully on Sunday.