• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 oshawatroutman

oshawatroutman

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

I'm wondering if the creek is still froze over? Or if any bows are being caught what colour bags and where abouts

#2 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

Well, I'm not sure what sections are frozen right now because I haven't been out yet, but I can assure you that there are definitely bows in there right now. You can only fish from the mouth up to #2 right now if I'm not mistaken. One place you can try that should be open is the old marina.

#3 oshawatroutman

oshawatroutman

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

Well, I'm not sure what sections are frozen right now because I haven't been out yet, but I can assure you that there are definitely bows in there right now. You can only fish from the mouth up to #2 right now if I'm not mistaken. One place you can try that should be open is the old marina.

you can only fish up the cn bridge on any off the rivers creeks and streams coming out of lake Ontario

#4 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

That is the next spot on my re-con list to scope out, will keep you posted.

Dirk...

#5 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:50 PM

cool...keep us posted.
hmm...should i try river fishing?

#6 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Re: oshawa creek
by frozenfire on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:50 pm

cool...keep us posted.
cool...keep us posted.

if it means fishing this time of year, you should

#7 oshawatroutman

oshawatroutman

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for the great welcome wow you people are great so I just got back from fishing in oshawa creek and well. Got some bad news its froze over with a few runs that are open I gave it a try and had some sucess with pink worms and some leech flys I lost 6 bows and was only there for about 2 hours every one ran under the ice and broke me off

#8 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

oshawatroutman keep the updates coming on daily basis if you can.
btw i think you came little too hard on openfire, he did say "if im not mistaken".

#9 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

you can only fish up the cn bridge on any off the rivers creeks and streams coming out of lake Ontario

Yes, the CN bridge. That's what I meant to type. Thanks for the correction and thanks for the update.

#10 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

openfire, you don't seem to care at all that this whole argument happened on your behalf, good on you

#11 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

Also, you will see that I cleaned this thread up. In the future, please refer to the general board policies regarding proper forum etiquette: http://www.ontariofi...licies-t30.html

#12 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

i was wondering why the number of posts i had went down by 6

#13 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

Also, you will see that I cleaned this thread up. In the future, please refer to the general board policies regarding proper forum etiquette: http://www.ontariofi...licies-t30.html

never knew it existed

#14 lansdowne03

lansdowne03

Sunfish

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

Where exactly can you be fishing on the creek, tried looking for this cn bridge on google earth, cant find it, any help?

#15 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

i was wondering why the number of posts i had went down by 6

cause you ask too many questions :))
i see you online all the time, so decided to help you out,
instead of asking question after question try doing research first
anyway ill share one link with you which should keep you busy for a while
read all the articles, it will make you more knolegeable.
http://articles.outd... ... dBlock=302

#16 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

Where exactly can you be fishing on the creek, tried looking for this cn bridge on google earth, cant find it, any help?

cn bridge is where the railroad passes the creek in oshawa

#17 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

Well boys I just stopped by the area in Oshawa in question to do a little re-con for myself. Here is my report. Firstly there were a couple of guys out on the pier fishing with roe sacks. The were there since early morning and had caught nothing. As a matter of fact, they haven't caught anything all week. Claim it has been the cold January so far.

Made my way up to the foot bridge, not the CN bridge and there was one person fishing there using trout nuggets. He had no luck all day either. There was one fish caught according to him, by some guy named Steve. A 4 lb Rainbow, even showed him a pic from his cell phone. The water around that area is nice and open. Couple of nice looking spots. Water into the mouring/marina arae also starting to melt. The ice looks solid but some guy actually came up when I got there and crossed the ice to get to a possible secret spot on the other side. Wow is he brave because you can see open spots.

According to the guy I was chatting with, guys have been fishing for pike through the ice as there have been some holes drilled by ice fishermen. He is new to the area and it was his first time trying this spot.

Hope to give this spot or Humber Bay a try as it is my day off tomorrow.

Dirk

Attached Images

• DSC00033.JPG
  • DSC00035.JPG
  • DSC00032.JPG

#18 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

i'm not sure whether i would call that brave or stupid

#19 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Awesome, thanks for the pics.

I have to agree with bala, that guy is pretty brave. Last spring I saw some guys checking that spot and they decided not to try it. I was fishing directly across from where you took the pic in the second photo... right where that dirt patch is on the very left hand side of the photo.

#20 oshawatroutman

oshawatroutman

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

Awesome, thanks for the pics.

I have to agree with bala, that guy is pretty brave. Last spring I saw some guys checking that spot and they decided not to try it. I was fishing directly across from where you took the pic in the second photo... right where that dirt patch is on the very left hand side of the photo.

This is why we are pulling people outa the creek man are people dumb any ways I never made it down this far today but some one said there has been people fishing where you took the pics for a week and nothing your best bet would be in the creek up by wentworth and the cn tracks are by bloor st for the person who askd where they were I want to try by the mouth but IV never had much luck there except for carp and pan fish I wonder if any crappie are in the old marina?